Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0001/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for the best 10 CL winning sides of all times:
    Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and De stefano)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1971-1973(under Rinus Michels)
    41.67%
    Liverpool 1977-1978(under Paisley)
    41.67%
    Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    16.67%
    Inter 1964-1965(under Herrera)
    33.33%
    Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer and Muller)
    16.67%
    Nottingham Forrest 1979-1980(under Brian.C)
    25.00%
    Milan 1989-1990(under Sacchi)
    25.00%
    P.S.V Eindhoven 1988(under Hiddink)
    16.67%
    Red star Belgrad 1991(with Savicevic and Jugovic)
    0%
    Juventus 1996(under Lippi)
    33.33%
    Ajax 1995(under Van gaal)
    33.33%
    Real Madrid 2002(under Del bosque)
    50.00%
    Bayern Munich 2001(under Hitzfeld)
    25.00%
    Porto 2004(under Mourinho)
    33.33%
    Dortmund 1997(under Hitzfeld)
    8.33%

(Original post by lukeD)
    ...and it shouldn't have been a penalty either. Cech was entitled to go for the ball. Baros (or whoever it was) simply clambered over him.
    Are you blind? Baros was through, he came out and made major contact with the player.

Anyway, the ref came out and said that had he not given the goal his reaction would have been to fetch out the red card and dish out a penalty regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What when the thread starter had NFFC at the end of their username? :rolleyes:
    Yeap!!! Didn't look at that part!! :p:

(Original post by kpg)
    Are you kidding? Didn't see anything of the sort on Saturday
    Might just be me then! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It is his fault for being so rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Nah, he missed the Lampard & Terry bit. Lampard's head on a plate = the trophy. That, or Mourinho's testicles on a stick... :rolleyes:
    all bar two of chelski isn't that bad. though, when does england need lampard and terry when they have stevi g and jonty woodgate...
    (j/k Cindy... I think? :s: )
    naw. she's a spurs fan really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeD)
    ...and it shouldn't have been a penalty either. Cech was entitled to go for the ball. Baros (or whoever it was) simply clambered over him.
    poppycock. the linesman had signalled a penalty but the ref called the goal.

ReputationRep:
    Might just be me then! :rolleyes:
    bloody well hope so! The day thousands of grown scousers start celebrating by sucking their thumbs....well....you work it out! lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, the ref came out and said that had he not given the goal his reaction would have been to fetch out the red card and dish out a penalty regardless.
    Well the ref would have got it wrong then - in my humble opinion of course...
    And there's no guarantee that the penalty would have been scored.

Anyway, its all in the past. All will be forgotten by 17th May 2006....

ReputationRep:
    We deserved some luck after a freak own goal in the cup final and two blatant penalties denied in the league game at Anfield, not to mention Xabi's unexplainable booking at Stamford Bridge. Maybe if the team that cost almost £300m to build had more than one shot on target in 180 minutes of football we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It was meant to be our year.

ReputationRep:
    they conveniently forget about the otherwise inevitable dismissal of Cech and straightforward penalty.
    Straight forward? I don't think even the ref knew and there was a high foot by Baros I believe.

If it wasn't for one of your players obstructing Valdes, you wouldn't have met us in the semis in the first place.
    If it wasn't for Rijkaard approaching Anders Frisk three times during half time Chelsea may never have lost their first leg fixture. Notice that this event wasn't mentioned in UEFA's disciplinary report yet someone else did see Rijkaard approach Frisk. This is very important for the appeal because if it was true then Mourinho could not be found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. They never looked like losing until Drogba was sent off and really should have scored two goals before half-time to effectively put the two legs to bed, and this was when they were playing badly. Oh and as with a lot of Spanish football sides, you get your usual diving whether it's Barcelona or Villareal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    WMaybe if the team that cost almost £300m to build had more than one shot on target in 180 minutes of football we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    True but you only had three shots on target yourself, people forget that. I think both Benitez and Mourinho were too conservative in their approach and had the league on their minds a bit too much than required.

(Original post by kpg)
    It was meant to be our year.
    And this year is ours, got it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    True but you only had three shots on target yourself, people forget that. I think both Benitez and Mourinho were too conservative in their approach and had the league on their minds a bit too much than required.
    erm, Chelsea had been crowned Champions between the two legs and Hyypia was deliberately rested in the league to keep him fresh for Europe - if anything last year we concentrated too much on the CL but it was all good :cool: Yes we did have only a few shots on goal too but got the "goal" when it was required. If Gudjhonsen had put that chance away in the 95th minute then it wouldnt have mattered how many shots on goal you had, it wouldve been irrelevent. And our squad didn't cost £300m :p:

ReputationRep:
    I watched it, it was bloody funny.

ReputationRep:
    Those who vote for the result are defined as glory hunters, those who vote for the game are true lovers of football

ReputationRep:
    Not neccesarily (sp)- there isn't an option to vote for both

(Original post by kpg)
    erm, Chelsea had been crowned Champions between the two legs and Hyypia was deliberately rested in the league to keep him fresh for Europe - if anything last year we concentrated too much on the CL but it was all good :cool: Yes we did have only a few shots on goal too but got the "goal" when it was required. If Gudjhonsen had put that chance away in the 95th minute then it wouldnt have mattered how many shots on goal you had, it wouldve been irrelevent. And our squad didn't cost £300m :p:
    I have no idea to this day how we ended up with that many extra minutes. 4 at most, but 6?! Their squad may cost around £300m, but think of the money Uncle Roman has spent buying/relieving debt/wages/expenses etc? :confused:

(Original post by Cindy)
    *hovers over warning button* j/k.... I think!
    *wipes brow*

You :love: me really... I think...

ReputationRep:
    if only uncle Roman left Chelsea. its only fair to say teh chelsea egss are all in one basket...

ReputationRep:
    *wipes brow*

You :love: me really... I think...
    she :love: me. she proved it

(Original post by El Chueco)
    she :love: me. she proved it
    She's been cheating on me... again? No way am I taking her back this time. :eek: :hmpf:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.