The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
kpg
Given their resources, Chelsea should be expected to play better football.

I've been saying this
Reply 1861
1. Arsenal
2. West Ham
3. Bolton
4. Man City

18. Chelsea
19. Spurs
19. Man Utd... Can't seperate these bottom two samples of pond life
Reply 1862
darth_vader05
What's wrong with the way they play?

The fact that their success is centred around their back 6 (keeper, back 4 + Makelelelelele). There's nothing wrong with having a strong defence, all good teams have it and defending in itself is an art form but there's no real spark about Chelsea IMO, which considering

a) the talent they posess
b) the money they have

is a little dissapointing.
It's called closing ranks. We now have Arsenal, Bolton, Chelsea, Liverpool managers that I've heard, (and the nature of this post is that it will date so quickly and others will no doubt be added) all supporting Ferguson.

Interesting isn't it.
Reply 1864
wenger was more defending the billion pound industry of football from which he is soaking rich from than personally defending ferguson
Reply 1865
oblivious
and 39

You're such a f***ing idiot. I don't even see the point of trying to explain what's wrong with what you said. You probably already know
I am looking to coach football on my gap year... anyone done this?

I have found this website www.findagap.com seems to have a fair few options available, can anyone recomend a company
Book-worm
I don't support everton..why should i support them just 'cos there in europe?

Because they are a Premiership/British side. I'd happily support Bolton in Europe, for example. I'd rather an English club win the Champions League than a foreign club, generally.
Kuz has Bolton 3rd?! WTF But they don't play attractive football, they play long-ball I mean, I mean......:rolleyes:
I never pay *that* much to watch my team as I've had a S/ticket for 7 years and they give it to me very cheaply now as a loyalty bonus. This doesn't mean I accept we are crap, but it wouldn't stop me going as long as I could scrape the money together. We've just got Lpool in the cup and the tickets have gone up fro 7.50 for concessions for our previous games to 15. I'm still going, of course. But then I'm hooked. I think ticket prices need to be low for kids and teenagers especially, get them interested in the game, make them want to come back. Reward those who have stuck with clubs through the crap, cheaper season tickets for renewals, surely it's the least they deserve considering every game you play can't be fantastic!
Reply 1870
NDGAARONDI
Kuz has Bolton 3rd?! WTF But they don't play attractive football, they play long-ball I mean, I mean......:rolleyes:

I like their agression and passion to stay alive in the premiership and I'm a fan of Alladyce.
Reply 1871
NDGAARONDI
Because they are a Premiership/British side. I'd happily support Bolton in Europe, for example. I'd rather an English club win the Champions League than a foreign club, generally.

I support British teams in Europe. Not a whole lot, but i'd prefer them to win (except for Chelsea tonight, of course. I hope youse get beat :biggrin: ). It makes it hard to want Everton to win though, when you get ignorant comments like
oblivious
and 39
NDGAARONDI

i know a few teams like that. one begins with Chelse
Reply 1873
Raindance

Agreed. Get rid of these irregular kickoff times, refuse MUTV etc

MUTV don't have the rights to show live 1st team games (cup, PL, CL), they can only show them in full a number of hours after the game has taken place. They do show live reserve games though.

But there is too much football on the telly IMHO. They should show lower league games rather than top flight ones. Football is changing, teams now tend to sit back and defend or hold on to possession as it is perhaps getting more competitive so you have avoid dropping points.
kpg
Football isn't about entertainment. Results every single bloody time, no question. The sooner fans stop turning upto games demanding this and demanding that the better.

Of course football is about entertainment. Why on earth do people go otherwise? Other factors are significant but entertainment is the single most important one which draws people to the game and keeps them as fans. Lose entertainment and you eventually lose the fans.
Cindy
Rubbish.

Agreed.
If Chelsea were so crap then they would not have won the league title last season. But like Raindance said this is not a pummel Chelsea against the rest thread.

Who said Chelsea were crap? They play crap football. There is a huge difference and your inability to take an objective stance in this debate is obvious.
personally I think jenas could turn out to be good.

I was generally rubbish at newcastle but souness could make anyone play badly. If jenas gets his confidence back, he could be a good player.

Reply 1877
saiyamana
i used to support liverpool, back when i had no common sense, think it was year 5 actually...

and you believed in fairy stories
Reply 1878
Kuz
I like their agression and passion to stay alive in the premiership and I'm a fan of Alladyce.

bolton, where all the players can be different nationalities and still be local born and bread
Reply 1879
Clay
and you believed in fairy stories

Fairy Tales are true.

Latest