Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)
    Because God created the world

I know there is no proof of his existance, so i cant be bothered to explain again.

and just for Oldthrashberg:

because I believe that God created the world, i am not trying to convince anyone of his existance...
    But you can't possibly know that God created the world. You only believe in a God because you are told to believe in one. Had you not had such direction, it would probably never occured to you to create a God and believe in him/her/it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But you can't possibly know that God created the world. You only believe in a God because you are told to believe in one. Had you not had such direction, it would probably never occured to you to create a God and believe in him/her/it.
    maybe not, but thats the way ive been brought up, and thats the way im gonna die....

ReputationRep:
    we all doubt the existence of god. I just dont understand the theory that god just existed. I always think that there is a cause for everthing. And god just exists without no cause, just f**** up my mind. Therefore, i think someone (supernatural being) is not letting us know this knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt say "why cant you realise that God exists", did i? well, not at first, but then you started to ask questions like...'How can you be sure that your God exists?', 'The fact is, you have no proof that your god exists, so therefore it doesnt exist.'

You started to say this, so i had no choice but to defend my beliefs. Then you say i expect others to believe? I didnt say that i wanted to convince others to believe, i was only saying that that is what I believe, and proving why i believe that God really exists.
    So many inconsistencies, so little time...
    I think I will just remind you of some of the things you have posted here, then you can compare them to your quote above:

On learning that more than half of those who voted on your poll did not believe in your god:
    "50% NOs! the world has gone mad. Have mercy on us all, God."

In reply to the posts of fellow believers:
    "im glad to hear that some people havent gone crazy......."
    "yes, God did make everything. These people just cant get it through their heads."

On your motives for starting yet another thread about your god:
    "the reasons christians start threads like this is because it is the job of all christians to spread the word of God..."

And finally, on your reasons for believing in your god:
    "Because God created the world"
    (i.e. you believe that your god exists because you believe that it created the world).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    So many inconsistencies, so little time...
    I think I will just remind you of some of the things you have posted here, then you can compare them to your quote above:

On learning that more than half of those who voted on your poll did not believe in your god:
    "50% NOs! the world has gone mad. Have mercy on us all, God."

In reply to the posts of fellow believers:
    "im glad to hear that some people havent gone crazy......."
    "yes, God did make everything. These people just cant get it through their heads."

On your motives for starting yet another thread about your god:
    "the reasons christians start threads like this is because it is the job of all christians to spread the word of God..."

And finally, on your reasons for believing in your god:
    "Because God created the world"
    (i.e. you believe that your god exists because you believe that it created the world).
    When i said that the world was going crazy, I was joking!Why cant you just give it a rest? Come on,even you could have figured that out! it doesnt take a genius to realise when someone is being serious and when someone is not. It is the Christians job to spread the word of God, but it wasnt my intention at all to convince people to become Christian-i just created a poll to see how many were.
    and finally, i said that the reason i believed in God was because he created the world. this was only because i cannot convince you people, so i thought, what is the point? Thats why i said that.

ReputationRep:
    When i said that the world was going crazy, I was joking!Why cant you just give it a rest? Come on,even you could have figured that out! it doesnt take a genius to realise when someone is being serious and when someone is not. It is the Christians job to spread the word of God, but it wasnt my intention at all to convince people to become Christian-i just created a poll to see how many were.
    and finally, i said that the reason i believed in God was because he created the world. this was only because i cannot convince you people, so i thought, what is the point? Thats why i said that.
    1. Since you expect me to take your seriously when you say that you believe in something you have no reason to believe in, a statement from you must be pretty radical to be recognisable as a joke.

2. You say that you are a christian, and that the job of christians is to convert others, yet now you claim that this is not what you were trying to do.

3. How is the fact that you could not convince us of the existence of your god, a reason for saying that you believe in it because it created the world? The question was why you believed in it, so there was no cause to give a simplified answer.

4. Actually, I don't mind giving it a rest. However, I am prepared to argue until you admit that your belief in this god of yours is irrational, and that there is no rational reason for others to embrace your faith.

ReputationRep:
    You all only believe in good because of what you are told to beleive in, without these people who tell you to beleive in god you would be none the wiser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    1. Since you expect me to take your seriously when you say that you believe in something you have no reason to believe in, a statement from you must be pretty radical to be recognisable as a joke.

2. You say that you are a christian, and that the job of christians is to convert others, yet now you claim that this is not what you were trying to do.

3. How is the fact that you could not convince us of the existence of your god, a reason for saying that you believe in it because it created the world? The question was why you believed in it, so there was no cause to give a simplified answer.

4. Actually, I don't mind giving it a rest. However, I am prepared to argue until you admit that your belief in this god of yours is irrational, and that there is no rational reason for others to embrace your faith.

It was not my aim to convert others when i created the thread, but i was stating a fact when i told you what the christian job was.

I already explained to you why i believed in God, and i dont see the reason to keep repeating myself when everything i do say, you just say that there is no proof for it.

Finally, if you dont mind giving it a rest, then why dont you. Again, i didnt ask you, or anyone else to "embrace" my faith.

This argument is going nowhere;i'm not going to change your decision about the non-existance of God, and you're most definately not going to change my beliefs. So why dont we just stop this conversation now;i really can't be bothered with this never-ending discussion.

yes, God did make everything. These people just cant get it through their heads.
    We'll see, won't we. If you're right you can laugh at me and all the other "non-believers" (like Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims etc) down in the pits of hell.

Until then, however, SHUT THE **** UP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    We'll see, won't we. If you're right you can laugh at me and all the other "non-believers" (like Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims etc) down in the pits of hell.

Bit unnecessary.

(Original post by Howard)
    Bit unnecessary.
    Yeah, sorry. I'm a bit tense about that today. People were trying to convert me. Again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sorry. I'm a bit tense about that today. People were trying to convert me. Again.

Seems to be the problem everywhere

(Original post by Babygal)
    Seems to be the problem everywhere
    Sadly true.

ReputationRep:

I didnt say i was right, you were wrong. And there is nothing wrong with any religion-what makes you think that buddhists etc. are wrong about their choice of religion, and therefore going to be sent to hell?

I wasnt trying to convert anyone, i was just angry with oldthrashbarg, which was why i said that!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think all these religious threads are a bit pants to be honest. If one person steadfastly believes but can't offer proof and another person will only believe when it is proven to him/her then all these "does God exist?" type threads really go around in great big looping circles achieving nothing.

It's also difficult to judge who's most arrogant, the true believers or the godless agnostics.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think all these religious threads are a bit pants to be honest. If one person steadfastly believes but can't offer proof and another person will only believe when it is proven to him/her then all these "does God exist?" type threads really go around in great big looping circles achieving nothing.

It's also difficult to judge who's most arrogant, the true believers or the godless agnostics.
    believers- how can anyone who is anything less than totally arrogant refuse to back down when they have no argument at all? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Very true. which is why i think we should all stop posting messages on this thread now, as i stated above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    believers- how can anyone who is anything less than totally arrogant refuse to back down when they have no argument at all? :rolleyes:
    Well, I'm a believer.

But,

a) I don't need to justify my belief to you
    b) I can't prove any of it
    c) I really don't care what you do/do not believe

So, I don't think I'm any more arrogant than you really.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say i was right, you were wrong. And there is nothing wrong with any religion-what makes you think that Buddhists etc. are wrong about their choice of religion, and therefore going to be sent to hell?

I wasn't trying to convert anyone, i was just angry with oldthrashbarg, which was why i said that!
    Well you and the Buddhists can't both be right, can you?

ReputationRep:
    Well you and the Buddhists can't both be right, can you?
    Why not?

Doesn't it strike you that if there can be one God, there might be two, three, or maybe a million?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.