Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My sister bought a pack today.....has anyone else bought any or does anyone know how to make them because they are getting annoying cause the instructions aint that clear..... :confused: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    they are so old btw.....or maby your just late there.....lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    they are so old btw.....or maby your just late there.....lol
    lololol i know :p: they are just annoying......she had bought them today and im like.....wtf......its only really startin over here (plus we have no taste in the countryside over here :rolleyes: lol) xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lololol i know :p: they are just annoying......she had bought them today and im like.....wtf......its only really startin over here (plus we have no taste in the countryside over here :rolleyes: lol) xoxo
    :eek: do you live a wee little cottage?

ReputationRep:
    why is a thread about a children's cartoon character in this forum... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    why is a thread about a children's cartoon character in this forum... :confused:
    :thumbs down smily:

ReputationRep:
    : confused smily: oh no wait here it is :confused: seriously, what is going on?

ReputationRep:
    www.crazeuk.com i think for scoobys

ReputationRep:
    oh... bits of plastic that you weave together to make pretty shapes... interesting...

*runs out of thread*

ReputationRep:
    My 9 year old sister is addicted to them, you basically make a look in the centre of on, stick it around a pen or pencil or carrot, then put the other one kind of under the loop so it sits between the pencil and the other thread. Then take two threads of the same colour and make two loops, and then weave the other coloured threads, over then under, one from each side. Dunno if that made much sense, but it might help! I'm a vetran at these things!

ReputationRep:
    Oh its so sad.

I found it so weird at school seeing these "tough" boys with these little craft projects hanging off their bags. What do they think they look like? It was even worse when people in my year started doing it. My sister (who is 31) tells me that they were around in the 80s too. I guess you cant keep a good craze down.

Speaking of crazes does anyone remember the yo-yo phenomenon? And that period where people went around with those big plastic dummies? (that one was just absurd)

ReputationRep:
    i *hate* these things....someone bought me a pack for my birthday and now i know how to do them (thanks to my little sister not the instructions). they were around in the 80s cos my maths teacher was saying how amazed the kids in her form were when she showed them the patterns she used to do *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    My 9 year old sister is addicted to them, you basically make a look in the centre of on, stick it around a pen or pencil or carrot, then put the other one kind of under the loop so it sits between the pencil and the other thread. Then take two threads of the same colour and make two loops, and then weave the other coloured threads, over then under, one from each side. Dunno if that made much sense, but it might help! I'm a vetran at these things!
    :rofl: the most difficult to understand instructions ever! rep to you!

ReputationRep:
    My little sister has scoubies too, i spent ages on the internet trying to find out how to make them for her. This site explains how to make lots of different scoubies-wooo! http://www.scoubiguide.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone ^_^ now shes finally started to make them properly (now she aint annoying me :p: ) oh yeah and GG hunny i aint that back old int he times to live in a little cottage sweetie :p: hehehehe live in a 2 story :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    thanks everyone ^_^ now shes finally started to make them properly (now she aint annoying me :p: ) oh yeah and GG hunny i aint that back old int he times to live in a little cottage sweetie :p: hehehehe live in a 2 story :p: xoxo
    hehehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    the most difficult to understand instructions ever! rep to you!
    I know... it's one of those things when you need some kind of visual representation or it just doesn't make sense!! Maybe writing it when I was completely jet lagged was a REALLY bad idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkapples)
    Oh its so sad.

ISpeaking of crazes does anyone remember the yo-yo phenomenon?

oh dear i remember the yoyos! :p:

that was pretty bad

ReputationRep:
    my younger cousins(10 and 12 year younger) were making some when they came to visit the other week. I tried doing some knots for them and ending up throwing it accross the room, cos i couldnt do it and didnt have the patiences

ReputationRep:
    Another fad :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.