Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just *counts* 17 and a half hours, the admissions workers in universities across the country will be arriving at work, to look at who has made their offers and who hasn't, and even to begin looking at which "near misses" will be allowed in... scary huh?

ReputationRep:
    Only if they screw me over. Hmmm. I wonder what results I got.

ReputationRep:
    Starting from tommorow I would be worrying, as they will be making acceptances/rejections. I find 4 days 3 nights (i.e. Sunday to Wednesday) quite a short time to make decision, as they have thousands of applicants to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Starting from tommorow I would be worrying, as they will be making acceptances/rejections. I find 4 days 3 nights (i.e. Sunday to Wednesday) quite a short time to make decision, as they have thousands of applicants to deal with.
    meh, not really, for nearly all candidates it's very simple - they've made their grades or they haven't. Even very big universities only allocate a very small number of places to near misses; something like 50 to 100 for Bristol, for example!

ReputationRep:
    as well.. each department has its admission tutour so for example for me... id' be just 90 places available so there will be a lot of time to think about whether to still admit people...

ReputationRep:
    *Wide-eyed horror*

I'd forgotten they get them tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    Huh!?!? Tomorrow!? But tomorrow's a Sunday! And 17 and a half hours from 3:30pm is 9pm on Sunday 14th Aug 2005. Why would they go into work then!?!? Or am I stuck in some crazy time warp? Somebody enlighten me!

ReputationRep:
    the unis get them tomorrow so they can start sorting it all out e.g. near misses and accomodation offers and the like, although only the admissions people work on the sunday and oh whoops i meant it to be 9am did i calcualte it wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo wow that's scary. Coming in on a Sunday to toil away in their admission office sweatshops so they can decide our destinys! (How poetic of me HaHahAH I joke).

Oh no wait, I can't count. 3:30pm + 17.5 hours = 9am. Lol stupid me. So much for my maths A Level :\ ... Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Scary thoughts.. my fate will be decided. Lets hope they are nice and let me in

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!! May the force be with you! :P (i'm such a freeek! )

btw I love that video of george michael!

ReputationRep:
    I feel soo depressed... I really want to get into my chosen Uni and my chosen course.... but I cant see it happening.
    I wish I could turn back the clock to straight after my last exam, cos that was a great feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Tommorow morning I would be thinking all day about the admissions tutor deciding on our acceptances/rejections. I hope they take time to read our entire application carefully (i.e. grades, personal statement, teacher's reference, experience - if any, etc...).

Tommorow will be the day I should be starting to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Tommorow morning I would be thinking all day about the admissions tutor deciding on our acceptances/rejections. I hope they take time to read our entire application carefully (i.e. grades, personal statement, teacher's reference, experience - if any, etc...).

Tommorow will be the day I should be starting to worry.
    Why think about it so much? We can't change anything now
    I doubt they'll read over your application so carefully; there's many applicants that need attending to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Why think about it so much? We can't change anything now
    I doubt they'll read over your application so carefully; there's many applicants that need attending to.
    True. At least they are going to scan through the whole application quickly though, and concentrate more on the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Well.. maybe helpful advice. Get all the phone numbers you need for thursday... i am looking up admissions and so fourth for the specific department and the general one. Put them in my mobile so i can instantly ring them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedrose)
    Well.. maybe helpful advice. Get all the phone numbers you need for thursday... i am looking up admissions and so fourth for the specific department and the general one. Put them in my mobile so i can instantly ring them.
    Good idea. I will do that right now. Do you think calling the department of your subject (not admissions) would be fine during results day, as I might want to talk to the department head or course leader?

ReputationRep:
    Why Sunday? They'll probably be in a bad mood and screw more people over. But then I guess any day is better than Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Just hope my pile is for tuesday, that's a nice day to check them out. Wednesday is when they are under pressure..the admin may just say "ah screw this, i can't be assed to do the remaining 5, i'll get my lunch and reject these unlucky bunch". lol

ReputationRep:

im scared.

fingers crossed i guess

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.