Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A few things that may work:

1. UCAS give your results to your university choices on the 16th, try phoning up and see if you have a place. (or try to trick them into admitting it).

2. Log onto your university's website and go to the academic dept you are applying for, look at the course register for this year, if you are on it, chances are you're in!

ive tried no.2 but it seems UEA are far too cunning....

SA80

ReputationRep:
    wow

could number 2 work?

ReputationRep:
    Or just wait the extra couple of days...not try and trick the uni into breaking the contract they have with UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    Or just wait the extra couple of days...not try and trick the uni into breaking the contract they have with UCAS.

and wheres the challenge in that?

ReputationRep:
    Actually UCAS gives the results to universities tommorow (14th). There is no way you can get your results early. Universities won't tell your results before the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA80)
    and wheres the challenge in that?
    using self restraint.

ReputationRep:
    number 2 could work, i had a look but the current student list are a restricted area.

I'm guessing they are unlikley to update their lists before august 18th anyway, actually probably won't do it till they get their forms back.

ReputationRep:
    For the first option you could check UCAS track instead of calling them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah number 2 could work, but wouldn't you need a password to get access to it :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I suppose the earliest general way to get it is log on to UCAS Track at 7am on 18th

And, doesnt the admissions tutor know whos in by 14th (ie tomorrow)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Well I suppose the earliest general way to get it is log on to UCAS Track at 7am on 18th

And, doesnt the admissions tutor know whos in by 14th (ie tomorrow)?
    Yes, they know our grades on the 14th. In addition, they will be sorting out acceptances/rejections. They will spend the next few days sorting out.

Freedom of Information Act? :p:

(Nah, I looked it up. Doesn't work. Bugger.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Freedom of Information Act? :p:

(Nah, I looked it up. Doesn't work. Bugger.)

Hehe! Damn!

ReputationRep:
    How about this for a thought, UCAS make clearing available for the UK at 00:01 on thurs morning. Check then to see if your course has spaces for clearing. If it does it probably means they were undersubscribed and that you have a better chance of getting in even if you didnt make the grade.
    Alternatively you could have failed miserably and the reason they have space is because you flunked so bad and got rejected!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmzcherry)
    How about this for a thought, UCAS make clearing available for the UK at 00:01 on thurs morning. Check then to see if your course has spaces for clearing. If it does it probably means they were undersubscribed and that you have a better chance of getting in even if you didnt make the grade.
    Alternatively you could have failed miserably and the reason they have space is because you flunked so bad and got rejected!
    Good luck!
    I hope the university clearing sites will be up at 0:01 on Thursday morning too. However, I don't think that would happen. They might put it up on Thursday instead.

The courses that are in UCAS extra has a chance of being in the clearing scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I like the sound of the Clearing one... that could give you an indication. mind you it also could mean you just didn't meet your offer. It would be advisable to find out from the uni if they have spaces on the course before hand and if so, how many.
    But it would be a rough indication if you were Borderline only i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    What is UCAS extra? I was asked at UCL when I phoned if I had applied for extra. I just said I didn't know what it was, and they went on. The reason I called was that I had rejected them and wanted to make ammends and see if they'd still take me. Finally, they said.... "Phone us in August... "but really you haven't a chance in hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenratio)
    I like the sound of the Clearing one... that could give you an indication. mind you it also could mean you just didn't meet your offer. It would be advisable to find out from the uni if they have spaces on the course before hand and if so, how many.
    But it would be a rough indication if you were Borderline only i suppose.
    Indeed. They might not tell you though. I called the university about this issue, but it was during the UCAS extra scheme, they didn't tell me, as they don't have the figures yet.

(Original post by Goldenratio)
    What is UCAS extra? I was asked at UCL when I phoned if I had applied for extra. I just said I didn't know what it was, and they went on. The reason I called was that I had rejected them and wanted to make ammends and see if they'd still take me. Finally, they said.... "Phone us in August... "but really you haven't a chance in hell!
    UCAS extra is a scheme for students who used up all their six choices, and enables the student to apply to additional universities. To be eligible you have to: you have used all six of your choices; and you have had unsuccessful or withdrawal decisions for all your choices; or you have cancelled your outstanding choices and hold no offers; or you have received replies back from all six choices and have declined all offers made to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    UCAS extra is a scheme for students who used up all their six choices, and enables the student to apply to additional universities. To be eligible you have to: you have used all six of your choices; and you have had unsuccessful or withdrawal decisions for all your choices; or you have cancelled your outstanding choices and hold no offers; or you have received replies back from all six choices and have declined all offers made to you.
    Thanks Trev! Interesting! So how would it have helped me in that case? They said that they had overbooked or words to that effect.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.