The Student Room Group

New L101 Economics (International Programme) 4 years at UCL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ray_Han
Yup I saw this yesterday. Do you know when they put this up? I don't really want to go to UCLA as much as Chicago or Columbia, but LA would be great!

Nah I don't know, can't have been that long ago cause I emailed them on Tuesday and they said more info was going to be put up soon. It does say that students will be given a preference though...
Don't like the sound of only 20 places though and they said that they don't consider L101 applicants for the L100 course so if you don't get in you don't get in unfortunately.
Reply 41
Original post by theblackswan
Nah I don't know, can't have been that long ago cause I emailed them on Tuesday and they said more info was going to be put up soon. It does say that students will be given a preference though...
Don't like the sound of only 20 places though and they said that they don't consider L101 applicants for the L100 course so if you don't get in you don't get in unfortunately.

I'm glad we get a preference, I mainly applied for Chicago and Columbia. By the sounds of it though, they may well be able to get even more universities on the programme. It is pretty annoying they don't consider L101 for L100. I wanted to apply for both, but it would be too risky.
Reply 42
This has definitely gotten me interested in UCL!
Original post by Ray_Han
I'm glad we get a preference, I mainly applied for Chicago and Columbia. By the sounds of it though, they may well be able to get even more universities on the programme. It is pretty annoying they don't consider L101 for L100. I wanted to apply for both, but it would be too risky.

How did you apply for those two universities already? :s-smilie:

Is there something i'm missing? haha
Reply 44
Original post by Unknown-User
How did you apply for those two universities already? :s-smilie:

Is there something i'm missing? haha

I mean I am applying for the L101 programme 'mainly' because I hope to go to one of those two unis.
Q: Can I apply for both L100 (BSc Economics) and L101?
A: Yes, applications can be made to both programmes.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/prospective-students/undergraduates/l101-faq

In theory, it is possible to apply to both courses and (please correct me if I'm wrong) to get into the L100 while being rejected for the L101. Am I wrong?
Reply 46
Has anyone been rejected or received an offer yet?
Reply 47
Original post by georgiemuc
Has anyone been rejected or received an offer yet?

dont think so as it is still fairly early. However for course L100 they have already sent out quite a lot of rejections and offers. My friend applied for L100 and received his Open Day invitation and I havent heard anything about L101 from UCL.
Reply 48
Original post by lys9207
dont think so as it is still fairly early. However for course L100 they have already sent out quite a lot of rejections and offers. My friend applied for L100 and received his Open Day invitation and I havent heard anything about L101 from UCL.

Yeah I've seen a few people with L100 rejections who have insanely good grades! I think I have now seen one L101 rejection. The wait is horrible!
Yeah I've seen a few people with L100 rejections who have insanely good grades! I think I have now seen one L101 rejection. The wait is horrible!

I guess no news is good news :rolleyes:
Reply 50

Hey are u applying to L101 as well right?
Just wondering any of you guys get the invitation to Open Days?

I heard nothing from UCL depite the fact that all my friends who applied to L100 with the same academic profile got invitations yesterday
Reply 51
Any of you guys who applied to L101 got the invitation to Open Days?

I got nothing. Panic.
Original post by lys9207
Any of you guys who applied to L101 got the invitation to Open Days?

I got nothing. Panic.

Hey, can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-Level? Also, what are you predicted for A2?

Everyone on here seems to have near perfect grades :frown:

Btw I sent my application off a week ago so I haven't got a reply from UCL and I dont expect to get one anytime soon :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by Unknown-User
Hey, can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-Level? Also, what are you predicted for A2?

Everyone on here seems to have near perfect grades :frown:

Btw I sent my application off a week ago so I haven't got a reply from UCL and I dont expect to get one anytime soon :tongue:

AS 4A
A2 4A* predication

I am a international student so I do not have GCSEs.
Reply 54
Original post by lys9207
Hey are u applying to L101 as well right?
Just wondering any of you guys get the invitation to Open Days?

I heard nothing from UCL depite the fact that all my friends who applied to L100 with the same academic profile got invitations yesterday

Yeah I am :smile: and I haven't heard anything about an Open Day. Maybe they are waiting until all the L101 applications are in before making any offers.
Reply 55
Yeah I am :smile: and I haven't heard anything about an Open Day. Maybe they are waiting until all the L101 applications are in before making any offers.

finger cross for both of us..though i am expecting a rejection in the near future as i suddenly find out that there is really no point to for UCL to exchange an international student rather than a English student to North America in 3rd year.

So you guys stand a better shot than I do.

Good luck
Reply 56
Original post by speedbird
I guess no news is good news :rolleyes:

Indeed.
I applied to oxford as well:smile:
Reply 57
Just got rejected :frown: Not too gutted though, was a long shot!
Reply 58

Is it easier to get into L101 corse rather than L100, coz this is the first year that UCL held this programme?
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got rejected :frown: Not too gutted though, was a long shot!

Wow, did you get a rejection for this course or L100?

I haven't recieved an acknowledgement email yet and i sent it a month ago :s, has this happened to anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending