Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone from Southampton, or know it really well? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see the footy down there, and am thinking of going early to spend a big of the day there. Any cheap places to park which are in easy walk of shops/the sea & the stadium?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Going to see Southampton vs Chelsea are we?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    I'm going to see the footy down there, and am thinking of going early to spend a big of the day there. Any cheap places to park which are in easy walk of shops/the sea & the stadium?

Thanks.
    What day will it be?

The stadium is quite a hike from the shops.

Cheapest place I know to park is down at Leisureworld (it's a cinema/leisure complex down by the docks)...its a 5 minute walk to the main shops and about 15-30 minutes from the stadium. Costs £3 to park in during the week (if they're bothering to collect the cash) or free on weekends.

Or if you're willing to pay a bit more Lime St is halfway between the stadium and the town centre (and right next to debenhams) St Marys is one of the dodgiest areas of Southampton but I parked my car at Lime St carpark for a yr while I lived there and had no problems with theft/crime etc. The charges are: 60p for 1 hr, £1.20 for 2, £2.40 for 4 £4.50 for 6 or £6 for the whole day.

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/leisur...aps/carmap.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    What day will it be?

The stadium is quite a hike from the shops.

Cheapest place I know to park is down at Leisureworld (it's a cinema/leisure complex down by the docks)...its a 5 minute walk to the main shops and about 15-30 minutes from the stadium. Costs £3 to park in during the week (if they're bothering to collect the cash) or free on weekends.

Or if you're willing to pay a bit more Lime St is halfway between the stadium and the town centre (and right next to debenhams) St Marys is one of the dodgiest areas of Southampton but I parked my car at Lime St carpark for a yr while I lived there and had no problems with theft/crime etc. The charges are: 60p for 1 hr, £1.20 for 2, £2.40 for 4 £4.50 for 6 or £6 for the whole day.

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/leisur...aps/carmap.htm
    ok, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    ok, thanks!
    SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB ARE UNDOUBTIBLY THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB ARE UNDOUBTIBLY THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD!!!
    i must have been watching a different game then!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.