Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew)
    She is still a girl and yet another exception who proves the rule.

What gender is the you who never even qualified?
    That's really quite a shame. H&E is exactly the kind of person I would vote for.

ReputationRep:
    She is still a girl and yet another exception who proves the rule.

What gender is the you who never even qualified?
    a Buerk in the making?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    That's really quite a shame. H&E is exactly the kind of person I would vote for.
    And that's exactly why a)he'd never get elected and b)the vast majority of Union members don't vote in elections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    I need a sarcasm detector. I'm not entirely convinced this isn't just a virtuoso display of sustained sarcasm from matthew.
    Yeah, could be, I just can't tell anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I've been curious, btw - why exactly were you standing outside the schools in ninth week with lots of red carnations? Were you actually trying to make a quick buck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I've been curious, btw - why exactly were you standing outside the schools in ninth week with lots of red carnations? Were you actually trying to make a quick buck?
    Well, I did make a quick buck, but that isn't why. I was there to give Louise one and as I was in the florists I realised the money making potential so I bought a bunch gave her the best one and then sold the rest for a tidy profit and bought Louise dinner when she finished.

ReputationRep:
    Is he the fattish bespectacled one?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did make a quick buck, but that isn't why. I was there to give Louise one and as I was in the florists I realised the money making potential so I bought a bunch gave her the best one and then sold the rest for a tidy profit and bought Louise dinner when she finished.
    Aww, how sweet. I must say I'm surprised enough people were showing up a) without carnations and b) with money to buy them off you, but I yield to your infinitely superior knwoledge of how to get money out of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narcissus)
    Is he the fattish bespectacled one?
    I like to think of myself as pleasingly plump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Aww, how sweet. I must say I'm surprised enough people were showing up a) without carnations and b) with money to buy them off you, but I yield to your infinitely superior knwoledge of how to get money out of people.
    They were all graduates, if they were undergrads you would be right.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    There is some kind of secret society which invites people to secret parties by putting invitations in their p'holes. It's for the ultra "cool" people... :rolleyes:

What society is that? How do they choose/pick who to send invitations to?

ReputationRep:
    Someone get that man a reality check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peas)
    What society is that? How do they choose/pick who to send invitations to?
    It's based on height I believe...

ReputationRep:
    Which height qualifies then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    Which height qualifies then?
    That's a secret. Suffice to say most members wouldn't have looked out of place following Gandalf around in Lord of the Rings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil (ver 2))
    That's a secret. Suffice to say most members wouldn't have looked out of place following Gandalf around in Lord of the Rings
    originals are the Best

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.