The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*starry_eyed_*
how long does it take for you to do your hair on a normal college/work/uni day???

I would say a good hour tbh.....washing it....drying it.....straightening it......and then styling it.....usually style it if its school in a spider clip or put half of it up in a ponytail ^_^ xoxo
I have curly wavy hair, so usually If I want to leave it like that, I comb it, moose it and style, and it takes me less than 10 minutes.
But If I want straight hair, altogther it takes 25 mins using the straightner and brush.
Reply 3
I wash it, then have breakfast and then blow dry it as fast as I can. Eh... I take long showers, but I don't take 5 min to dry it I think. *shrug* I think I'll go with 5 to 10 though, as I do wash my hair :p: .
obviously gunna be different for guys and girls, normally spend no more than 10 mins doing it but sometimes if it's just not happening I take ****ing ages.... Like keep washing my hair, starting again etc.....
Reply 5
about 30 seconds...
im a girl and it takes from 5 - 20 minutes, so i put 20 minutes :P
Reply 7
About an hour from wash to style.
Reply 8
I mousse it when its wet and it dries naturally curly
Reply 9
I have pretty long hair..so it takes me 12 minutes to brush it, and about 2 minutes to blow dry. That's about it.
Reply 10
all i do is wash it, then get some wax on my palm rub hands together and then style so probably about 10 mins
Reply 11
combing hair? Appearance? who cares...its all about being smart and scruffy...screw ones appearance...i'm scruff and proud of it:biggrin: - 30 seconds max, and i'm out :cool:

phil
Reply 12
come out of shower, dry with towel, put in conditioner, leave. so, sub-30 seconds. :smile:
I wash it, then if Im bothered Ill brush it, otherwise I just leave it how it is and if its looking bad I'll tie it up.
So about 5 secs if they're not messy and 10 secs if I can be bothered brushing them.
=/
Reply 14
45mins to wash, blow dry and straighten. Otherwise 5mins in the morning brushing it and making it look reasonable.
I wash it the night before(shampoo twice to get all products out-not that I use many) then I put conditioner on for 5-10 minutes.After that I put a leave in spray on or some straightening balm and then I sleep while it dries naturally.I then spend about half an hour straightening and styling it the next morning.
Hmmmm on an average day i'll wake up and this runs through my mind.

"is it clean?"----no means wash it brush it and tie it back-done
"do i really need to brush it?"----most days i won't bother , luckily my hair doesn't easily knot so it looks quite nice if i just leave it...

awful , i know.
I just brush and go. My hair is naturally straight and is only wavy when I have been sleeping in one place to long. I have my hair straighteners set on a timer so that they are ready in case I need them when I get up. :biggrin:
Reply 18
my hair looks good, without even brushing it in the morning. But i do tend to comb it to spread the natural oils throught to give it some shine.
Reply 19
Glory
my hair looks good, without even brushing it in the morning. But i do tend to comb it to spread the natural oils throught to give it some shine.

shine or grease...?:P yeah i wash it, towel dry and brush it usually. I'm not too bothered about anything else