AQA Physics ISA Refraction

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JackSS
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey, i'm a new member, just signed up.

Anyway i've got an AQA Physics ISA on refraction tommorow, its the practical. The paper is next week some time as well. So far i've revised the basics like errors, uncertainty, percentage uncertainty and some basics on refraction itself.

If anyone can share any advice which will help me it would be appreciated. Thanks!
username301959
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
http://tinyurl.com/yha9dcd A similar thread was recently created
Tzarchasm
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I messed up on my other ISA and have been given another opportunity to do an ISA on Optics. Would love hints on how to do well in regards to the optics ISA.
acm345
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
what's the precision of a protractor, half a degree or 1 degree? Also are there separate UMS for the two ISAs and you get your best one or is it your best raw score?
B1OLOGY
Report 11 years ago
it doesnt matter in physics, it can be either (+/-) 0.5 or (+/-) 1.0
in chemistry they want +/- 0.5.
gman9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I done this isa today...say I get a part of a question wrong, and the next part of that questions asks you to use that answer to calculate something else...would i get the 2nd question all wrong aswell? or i will get full marks for using the formula and doing it right but used a wrong answer from the first part???
aaronjones666
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
should get the marks for error carried forward, so no need to worry
cobra2k10
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
ive just done the practical for this exam today and i think i did well in it. ive got the written paper soon so what should i revise e.g uncertainty (dont be to specific though!)
Shaira96
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tariqsherwani)
I done this isa today...say I get a part of a question wrong, and the next part of that questions asks you to use that answer to calculate something else...would i get the 2nd question all wrong aswell? or i will get full marks for using the formula and doing it right but used a wrong answer from the first part???
What sort of questions were on the actual paper? Basically calculations?
Stonebridge
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shaira96)
What sort of questions were on the actual paper? Basically calculations?
It's not allowed on this forum to ask for or post details of practical exams.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads