This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Ricky Gervais, Paul Merton and Graham Norton are my top comedians.
Well imagine Bob Monkhouse as someone who would have written jokes for them, had he been younger.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Well imagine Bob Monkhouse as someone who would have written jokes for them, had he been younger.
Oh okay, maybe he is alright then
xAngelx
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i haven't really watched any of his programs but i have seen him on t.v, and he is a good comedian, he should be to have lasted for 50 years lets see graham norton do the same i dont think he could since he relies on his sexuality on jokes and how rude they are and ppl will get fed up of it eventually
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
i haven't really watched any of his programs but i have seen him on t.v, and he is a good comedian, he should be to have lasted for 50 years lets see graham norton do the same i dont think he could since he relies on his sexuality on jokes and how rude they are and ppl will get fed up of it eventually
Quite right.

Graham Norton won't stand the test of time as Bob Monkhouse did, largely on account that he's a crap comedian. I find him one of the most over-hyped people on TV. He's just a camp Irishman who giggles like a school girl at rude words and innuendo.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Quite right.

Graham Norton won't stand the test of time as Bob Monkhouse did, largely on account that he's a crap comedian. I find him one of the most over-hyped people on TV. He's just a camp Irishman who giggles like a school girl at rude words and innuendo.
he doesn't really make proper jokes.
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he doesn't really make proper jokes.
Quite right old bean!
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
if you listen all he does is go erm erm erm errr err its sooooo irriatating it stands out now after i've noticed it so i dont watch his crap television show
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you listen all he does is go erm erm erm errr err its sooooo irriatating it stands out now after i've noticed it so i dont watch his crap television show
I watched it for a while but then stopped last year or something like that - I went out and got a life!

(no offence to those who watch it! )
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
i watch it only if there is a good guest on it which is very rare
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i watch it only if there is a good guest on it which is very rare
very rare indeed *nods head in agreement*
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well they were of our grandparents' era, or possibly before, but they were great comedians, the Peter Kays and Ricky Gervaises of their day.
if youre trying to claim that BM was in fact a good comedian once then im afraid your wrong. his act hasnt changed, Wipeout or otherwise. he was average from start to end.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
hope that wasn't an insult to our Bob
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
if youre trying to claim that BM was in fact a good comedian once then im afraid your wrong. his act hasnt changed, Wipeout or otherwise. he was average from start to end.
He wrote for Bon Hope, one of the greatest comedians ever.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads