Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whos doing a foundation year at uni?
    I think I'll be changing from my biological and medical science course to a foundation year for aerospace instead this september because I have thought about it for a long long time and decided that biology bores me and Im not interested in biology anymore and enjoy physics and maths more than biology even though i find maths and physics at Alevels ALOT HARDER than biology...I dont mean to sound stupid but I don't find biology challenging, its just learn these facts and when ever you get an a question write them out again...doesnt require much thinking...no problem solving.
    but the fact that I ended up quiting Maths half way through my 2nd year...GUTTED if I stayed on and did about 3-4months than i would already have this A2 in maths and if I got the grade could be doing straight into an aero course this september but now I have to consider a foundation year instead. I've been saying to myself "an extra year is better than doing something which I may not enjoy for 3years and then regretting it" over an over again...to stop myself from feeling depressed.
    I have also considered "Materials science with engineering" as only AS Maths is required but it sounds kinda boring...just materials. Anyone here doing materials sicence? what is it like?
    So who else is going to do or considering doing a foundation year at university this year?
    thanks
    thanks in advance for any replies, advice...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.