Hey I just got sent this through an email, some of it's a bit American but some of it made me laugh! Thought I'd share it with you guys...
50 Fun Things for Students to do on the First Day of Class
1. Smoke a pipe and respond to each point the professor makes by waving it and saying, "Quite right, old bean!"
2. Wear X-Ray Specs. Every few minutes, ask the professor to focus the overhead projector.
3. Sit in the front row and spend the lecture filing your teeth into sharp points.
4. Sit in the front and color in your textbook.
5. When the professor calls your name in roll, respond "that's my name, don't wear it out!"
6. Introduce yourself to the class as the "master of the pan flute."
7. Give the professor a copy of The Watchtower. Ask him where his soul would go if he died tomorrow.
8. Wear earmuffs. Every few minutes, ask the professor to speak louder.
9. Leave permanent markers by the dry-erase board.
10. Squint thoughtfully while giving the professor strange looks. In the middle of lecture, tell him he looks familiar and ask whether he was ever in an episode of Starsky and Hutch.
11. Ask whether the first chapter will be on the test. If the professor says no, rip the pages out of your textbook.
12. Become entranced with your first physics lecture, and declare your intention to pursue a career in measurements and units.
13. Sing your questions.
14. Speak only in rhymes and hum the Underdog theme.
15. When the professor calls roll, after each name scream "THAT'S MEEEEE! Oh, no, sorry."
16. Insist in a Southern drawl that your name really is Wuchen Li. If you actually are Chinese, insist that your name is Vladimir Fernandez O'Reilly.
17. Page through the textbook scratching each picture and sniffing it.
18. Wear your pajamas. Pretend not to notice that you've done so.
19. Hold up a piece of paper that says in large letters "CHECK YOUR FLY."
20. Inform the class that you are Belgian royalty, and have a friend bang cymbals together whenever your name is spoken.
21. Stare continually at the professor's crotch. Occasionally lick your lips.
22. Address the professor as "your excellency."
23. Sit in the front, sniff suspiciously, and ask the professor if he's been drinking.
24. Shout "WOW!" after every sentence of the lecture.
25. Bring a mirror and spend the lecture writing Bible verses on your face.
26. Ask whether you have to come to class.
27. Present the professor with a large fruit basket.
28. Bring a "seeing eye rooster" to class.
29. Feign an unintelligible accent and repeatedly ask, "Vet ozzle haffen dee henvay?" Become agitated when the professor can't understand you.
30. Relive your Junior High days by leaving chalk stuffed in the chalkboard erasers.
31. Watch the professor through binoculars.
32. Start a "wave" in a large lecture hall.
33. Ask to introduce your "invisible friend" in the empty seat beside you, and ask for one extra copy of each handout.
34. When the professor turns on his laser pointer, scream "AAAGH! MY EYES!"
35. Correct the professor at least ten times on the pronunciation of your name, even it's Smith. Claim that the i is silent.
36. Sit in the front row reading the professor's graduate thesis and snickering.
37. As soon as the first bell rings, volunteer to put a problem on the board. Ignore the professor's reply and proceed to do so anyway.
38. Claim that you wrote the class text book.
39. Claim to be the teaching assistant. If the real one objects, jump up and scream "IMPOSTER!"
40. Spend the lecture blowing kisses to other students.
41. Every few minutes, take a sheet of notebook paper, write "Sign-up Sheet #5" at the top, and start passing it around the room.
42. Stand to ask questions. Bow deeply before taking your seat after the professor answers.
43. Wear a cape with a big S on it. Inform classmates that the S stands for "stud."
44. Interrupt every few minutes to ask the professor, "Can you spell that?"
45. Disassemble your pen. "Accidentally" propel pieces across the room while playing with the spring. Go on furtive expeditions to retrieve the pieces. Repeat.
46. Wink at the professor every few minutes.
47. In the middle of lecture, ask your professor whether he believes in ghosts.
48. Laugh heartily at everything the professor says. Snort when you laugh.
49. Wear a black hooded cloak to class and ring a bell.
50. Ask your math professor to pull the roll chart above the blackboard of ancient Greek trade routes down farther because you can't see Macedonia.
Turn on thread page Beta
50 Fun things for Student to do... watch
- Thread Starter
- 14-08-2005 02:15
- 14-08-2005 02:50
- 14-08-2005 04:41
I read this one once, 40 things to do in a computer lab or something.. really funny, I even tried some of them out Hold on I'll find it.
- 14-08-2005 04:42
1. Log on, wait a sec, then get a frightened look on your face and scream
"Oh my God! They've found me!" and bolt.
2. Laugh uncontrollably for about 3 minutes & then suddenly stop and
look suspiciously at everyone who looks at you.
3. When your computer is turned off, complain to the monitor on duty
that you can't get the damn thing to work. After he/she's turned it
on, wait 5 minutes,turn it off again, & repeat the process for a
good half hour.
4. Type frantically, often stopping to look at the person next to you
5. Before anyone else is in the lab, connect each computer
to different screen than the one it's set up with.
6. Write a program that plays the "Smurfs" theme song and play it at the
highest volume possible over & over again.
7. Work normally for a while. Suddenly look amazingly startled by
something on the screen and crawl underneath the desk.
8. Ask the person next to you if they know how to tap into top-secret
9. Use Interactive Send to make passes at people you don't know.
10. Make a small ritual sacrifice to the computer before you turn it on
11. Bring a chainsaw, but don't use it. If anyone asks why you have
it, say "Just in case..." mysteriously.
12. Type on VAX for a while. Suddenly start cursing for 3 minutes at
everything bad about your life. Then stop and continue typing.
13. Enter the lab,undress, and start staring at other people as if
they're crazy while typing.
14. Light candles in a pentagram around your terminal before starting.
15. Ask around for a spare disk. Offer $2. Keep asking until someone
agrees. Then, pull a disk out of your fly and say, "Oops, I forgot."
16. Every time you press Return and there is processing time required,
pray "Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleas e," and scream "YES!" when it
17. "DISK FIGHT!!!"
18. Start making out with the person at the terminal next to you (It
helps if you know them, but this is also a great way to make new
19. Put a straw in your mouth and put your hands in your pockets. Type
by hitting the keys with the straw.
20. If you're sitting in a swivel chair, spin around singing "The Lion
Sleeps Tonight" whenever there is processing time required.
21. Draw a picture of a woman (or man) on a piece of paper, tape it
to your monitor. Try to seduce it. Act like it hates you and then
complain loudly that women (men) are worthless.
22. Try to stick a Ninetendo cartridge into the 3 1/2 disc drive, when it
doesn't work, get the supervisor.
23. When you are on an IBM, and when you turn it on, ask loudly where the
smiling Apple face is when you turn on one of those.
24. Print out the complete works of Shakespeare, then when its all done
(two days later) say that all you wanted was one line.
25. Sit and stare at the screen, biting your nails noisily. After doing
this for a while, spit them out at the feet of the person next to
26. Stare at the screen, grind your teeth, stop, look at the person
next to grinding. Repeat procedure, making sure you never provoke
the person enough to let them blow up, as this releases tension,
and it is far more effective to let them linger.
27. If you have long hair, take a typing break, look for split ends, cut
them and deposit them on your neighbor's keyboard as you leave.
28. Put a large, gold-framed portrait of the British Royal Family on you
desk and loudly proclaim that it inspires you.
29. Come to the lab wearing several layers of socks. Remove shoes and
place them of top of the monitor. Remove socks layer by layer and
drape them around the monitor. Exclaim sudden haiku about the
aesthetic beauty of cotton on plastic.
30. Take the keyboard and sit under the computer. Type up your paper
like this. Then go to the lab supervisor and complain about the bad
31. Laugh hysterically, shout "You will all perish in flames!!!" and
32. Bring some dry ice & make it look like your computer is smoking.
33. Assign a musical note to every key (ie. the Delete key is A Flat,
the B key is F sharp, etc.). Whenever you hit a key, hum its note
loudly. Write an entire paper this way.
34. Attempt to eat your computer's mouse.
35. Borrow someone else's keyboard by reaching over, saying "Excuse me,
mind if I borrow this for a sec?", unplugging the keyboard & taking
36. Bring in a bunch of magnets and have fun.
37. When doing calculations, pull out an abacus and say that sometimes
the old ways are best.
38. Play Pong for hours on the most powerful computer in the lab.
39. Make a loud noise of hitting the same key over and over again
until you see that your neighbor is noticing (You can hit the space
bar so your fill isn't affected). Then look at your neighbor's
keyboard. Hit his/her delete key several times, erasing an entire
word. While you do this, ask: "Does *your* delete key work?"
Shake your head, and resume hitting the space bar on your keyboard.
Keep doing this until you've deleted about a page of your neighbor's
document. Then, suddenly exclaim: "Well, whaddya know? I've been
hitting the space bar this whole time. No wonder it wasn't deleting
Ha!" Print out your document and leave.
40. Remove your disk from the drive and hide it. Go to the lab monitor
and complain that your computer ate your disk. (For special effects
put some Elmer's Glue on or around the disk drive. Claim that the
computer is drooling.)
41. Stare at the person's next to yours screen, look really puzzled,
burst out laughing, and say "You did that?" loudly. Keep laughing,
grab your stuff and leave, howling as you go.
42. Point at the screen. Chant in a made up language while making
elaborate hand gestures for a minute or two. Press return or the
mouse, then leap back and yell "COVEEEEERRRRRR!" peek up from under
the table, walk back to the computer and say. "Oh, good. It worked
this time," and calmly start to type again.
43. Keep looking at invisible bugs and trying to swat them.
44. See who's on-line. Send a total stranger a talk request. Talk to
them like you've known them all your lives. Hang-up before they get
a chance to figure out you're a total stranger.
45. Bring an small tape player with a tape of really absurd sound
effects. Pretend it's the computer and look really lost.
46. Pull out a pencil. Start writing on the screen. Complain that the
lead doesn't work.
47. Come into the computer lab wearing several endangered species of
flowers in your hair. Smile incessantly. Type a sentence, then
laugh happily, exclaim "You're such a marvel!!", and kiss the screen
Repeat this after every sentence. As your ecstasy mounts, also hug the
keyboard. Finally, hug your neighbor, then the computer assistant,
and walk out.
48. Run into the computer lab, shout "Armageddon is here!!!!!", then
calmly sit down and begin to type.
49. Quietly walk into the computer lab with a Black and Decker chainsaw,
rev that baby up, and then walk up to the nearest person and say,
"Give me that computer or you'll be feeding my pet crocodile for the
50. Two words: Tesla Coil.
- 14-08-2005 05:04
What do you mean by this:
(Original post by * gemchicken *)
some of it's a bit American but some of it made me laugh!
This list is too funny. Of course it’s even funnier when peolpe do it during a class.
(Original post by B & W)
- 14-08-2005 05:07
What do you mean by this:
I guess being American I don’t see which ones your talking about.
This list is too funny. Of course it’s even funnier when peolpe do it during a class.
- 14-08-2005 10:44
hilarious!!!also HTT's one...
- 14-08-2005 11:39
Ha ha, I always do the pen one in the first post...accidentally, of course.....whoops.
- 14-08-2005 12:07
LOL I love the 'things to do in a computer lab' one.
- 14-08-2005 12:16
i love stuff like this its so funny! i like the winking and blowing kisses to the prof
- 14-08-2005 12:16
Haha that's great!
- 14-08-2005 12:42
thats really is very funny. i wouldnt have the balls to do any of it, although it would be very amusing if someone else did! i love the first one, old bean
- 14-08-2005 12:45
During my 3 years at university I didn't really have any contact with a professer at all. They liked to hide in their offices. However most my lectureres did have PhDs.
- 14-08-2005 13:30
Another good thing to do in a computer lb is to log on to all the computers first thing in the morning, lock all the keyboards so no-one else can use them, and then come back at the end of the day, calmly sit down and say "oh, someones logged on" repeat at each computer.
- 14-08-2005 14:04
Really funny!!! Which ones did you try out HTT???
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
- 14-08-2005 19:46
All the "professor" and "study hall" crap - we have diff terminology
- 14-08-2005 20:16
hahahaha, these are class
i think i'll try some of them when i go to uni
- 14-08-2005 21:41
I colour in my textbooks!!!!!
- 14-08-2005 23:15
I think I'm going to like uni
- 15-08-2005 16:39
the sad thing is ive done a few from each list...