The Student Room Group

Degrees to study with maths and physics a-levels?

as the title says i would like to know what degrees i could study with a levels in maths and physics.

cheers :woo:
Various types of engineering, physics... there are lots more out there.
Reply 2
engineering
Reply 3
i kno engineering but i wanted to kno what other areas i could study with maths and physics.
Reply 4
Law :biggrin:
Reply 5
Maths and Physics combined course?
Reply 6
sikhsingh
i kno engineering but i wanted to kno what other areas i could study with maths and physics.

Maybe a Physics or Maths degree, or my mate is doing Economics with those and got an offer from LSE
so u decided against architecture?
Reply 8
Vybz Kartel
so u decided against architecture?

still in 2 minds about it tbh :/ jus wanna kno what other degrees i could study with maths and physics.
Reply 9
Straight Maths or Physics degree?
engineering
architecture (if you like art)
then theres random ones like accounting and finance, ferensics, economics, teaching
basicaly if you good with numbers, you'l do good at physics and maths, and whatever degree you do which is orientated towards them, you'l be deemed very employable
Reply 10
bill-e
Straight Maths or Physics degree?
engineering
architecture (if you like art)
then theres random ones like accounting and finance, ferensics, economics, teaching
basicaly if you good with numbers, you'l do good at physics and maths, and whatever degree you do which is orientated towards them, you'l be deemed very employable

theres loads of courses in engineering, i would like to study one which will have jobs going in it, unlike some jobs in engineering at the moment, architecture interest me but in my other thread of mine many people said its really difficult to find a job.
Reply 11
sikhsingh
theres loads of courses in engineering, i would like to study one which will have jobs going in it, unlike some jobs in engineering at the moment, architecture interest me but in my other thread of mine many people said its really difficult to find a job.

well tbh the difficulty of finding a job depends how well you do, if you do bad then whatever course you did won't matter :smile:
Reply 12
Maths
physics
computer science
Hardware or software engineering
electrical engineering
statistics
web developement
computing
computational mathematics
etc etc
Reply 13
was wondering about stuff in the nhs that wouldnt require bio or chem
Reply 14
bump. still need some help please :smile:
Reply 15
sikhsingh

i think in your case something generic might be good? like a mathematics degree or a straight engineering degree, it'l allow you to go into either of the 2 + you'l have more time to decide since it'l be after uni.
Tbh with architecture you have to be really good at your job, or just get lucky, otherwise you'l be stuck designing extensions for houses or pubs
What other qualifications do you have?
Reply 17
Lack of Creativity
What other qualifications do you have?

well am doing tech and law aswell as maths and physics. picked law randomly because of the option blocks at our school.
sikhsingh
well am doing tech and law aswell as maths and physics. picked law randomly because of the option blocks at our school.

Law might not be much use when combined with maths and physics, as they're quite separate disciplines. Tech might be useful for something.
Reply 19
What degree did you end up doing after maths and physics a levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending