The Student Room Group

fall out with housemates - feel so lonely now :(

last night had a row with a couple of my housemates cos they were refusing to give me a pound each towards some cleaning stff i bought for the kitchen, everyone else happily handed over the money exapt these two. in a moment of rage i hid all the tin foil out of the kitchen in my room and refused to put it back until the money was paid. about an hour later i was in the shower when suddenly the door swung open and the two lads ran in and nicked my towels and bedroom keys, theyd managed to unlock the door from the outside with a coin! then one of them refused to shut the door until i told them where the foil was while the other ran in my room. so i was stood there butt naked trying to cover my bits with my hands and a shampoo bottle :frown: the worst thing was that three of the other lads from my house were stood there too the whole time just watching, none of them thought to stand up for me or get me a towel. eventually they gave me my keys back and i locked myself in my room crying, the lads heard me and sent me an apologetic text saying that all they wanted was the foil, not to upset me. i saw then today in the kitchen and they were just acting like i should be over it, asking when im gonna stop being in a mood with them. ive spent most of the day alone in my room crying, none of them have knocked on for me today like they usually do and i feel so alone and upset, i dont see how this will blow over unless i just act normal but im sick of having the mick take out of me like this, if i act normal again its just a matter of days before they do something else to upset me

sorry about the MAMMOTH message !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im sorry but a bunch of lads bursting in on you in the shower is not on. are you in halls? maybe you should contact your warden about this.
Reply 2
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun over there!
That's out of order.
Reply 4
Ham22
im sorry but a bunch of lads bursting in on you in the shower is not on. are you in halls? maybe you should contact your warden about this.

maybe you should chill the **** out
Reply 5
WEB
maybe you should chill the **** out

maybe you should wake the **** up.

if that happened to me heads would roll.
Reply 6
Ham22
maybe you should wake the **** up.

if that happened to me heads would roll.

you sound like a bundle of fun, bet youre the most popular girl in uni
Reply 7
so WEB you're saying that it 's okay for other people to have fun and a laugh at one persons expense?
Reply 8
WEB
you sound like a bundle of fun, bet youre the most popular girl in uni

why is it acceptable to have a load of guys burst in on a girl in the shower and then stand there and gawp at her.

i bet you're a rapist.
Although they shouldn't have done that, it sounds like a small thing that escalated out of hand - if they've realised that they took it too far (and it sounds like they have - which might be part of the reason why they haven't knocked on your door today - they might not want to push it) then you should be able to work things out sensibly. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and take the first step and have a word with them.

However, you say it will be only a few days til they upset you again, are you having difficulties getting on generally?
Reply 10
Ham22
why is it acceptable to have a load of guys burst in on a girl in the shower and then stand there and gawp at her.

i bet you're a rapist.

no im not a rapist...i always shout "surprise!" first
Reply 11
crazydiamond
so WEB you're saying that it 's okay for other people to have fun and a laugh at one persons expense?

im not debating the morality of laughing at other people's expense, but its a fact of life and laughing along with the banter is much more fun. although you need to be able to not take yourself so seriously to do that, so i imagine it would be hard for a lot of TSRians.
Reply 12
WEB
no im not a rapist...i always shout "surprise!" first

hahahahahahhahahhaaaaa. ha. ha ha ha.

:nothing:
Reply 13
Ham22
hahahahahahhahahhaaaaa. ha. ha ha ha.

:nothing:

go on, i bet you did find it a little funny
I would absolutely destroy them, set the halls manager on them, whatever.
WEB
im not debating the morality of laughing at other people's expense, but its a fact of life and laughing along with the banter is much more fun. although you need to be able to not take yourself so seriously to do that, so i imagine it would be hard for a lot of TSRians.

That is not banter! If a load of boys unlocked the door while I was in the shower, grabbed MY keys, went into MY room and went through MY things I would be damn pissed off! More than pissed off! Its a violation of privacy on so many different levels!

OP their behaviour was disgusting. It may seem harsh, but I would definitely contact a warden or something about it. That was a horrible form of intimidation and bullying over something petty, and they should have paid you in the first place. That's actually made me so angry, I wish i was there to give you a hug! Poor thing.
Reply 16
JellyBean123
That is not banter! If a load of boys unlocked the door while I was in the shower, grabbed MY keys, went into MY room and went through MY things I would be damn pissed off! More than pissed off! Its a violation of privacy on so many different levels!

OP their behaviour was disgusting. It may seem harsh, but I would definitely contact a warden or something about it. That was a horrible form of intimidation and bullying over something petty, and they should have paid you in the first place. That's actually made me so angry, I wish i was there to give you a hug! Poor thing.

i take back what i said to the ham girl...YOU are the most popular girl in uni
Reply 17
Democracy
I would absolutely destroy them, set the halls manager on them, whatever.

you must get invited to all the parties, you sound like so much fun
WEB
you must get invited to all the parties,

I do.

you sound like so much fun

I am.
Reply 19
WEB
go on, i bet you did find it a little funny

i have heard that quote about rape many times on this site, so my response/facial expression was pretty similar to the emoticon i used. 0/10 for wit. 0/10 for originality.

Latest