Turn on thread page Beta

What Is Your Average Gcse Points Score? (average Grade In Points). watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias)
    I am on target to getting 960 UCAS tarif points, though, (I was ill during my GCSEs :P ) already having 480 points from AS Levels.
    You do realise that if you're continuing a subject to A Level, the points that you would have got from it at AS won't count in the UCAS tariff, yeah? What I mean is, say you did a subject at AS and got an A, that would be worth 60 points (assuming you dropped it after AS). If you did the subject to A Level and got an A, you'd get 120 points and not 180.

ReputationRep:
    A simple way of explaining it is:

1 A at AS = 60 points
    1 A (in the same subject) at A2 is worth 60 points.

AS+A2 = A level
    A level = 120 points.

But you have to knock of the AS score. So if you get an A at A2 the total is worth 120 points including what you got in the AS.

So if you're taking 4 A2's and you did all the same subjects at AS that is 480 points. Many people are putting wrongly down as 720 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Jesus, what exams did you do, and what grades did you get?
    Ummm basically, I was so pissed-off that I couldn't do well in my GCSEs that I over-compensated...

For AS I have Maths, physics, chemistry, biology, Philosophy, English, History and Critical Thinking. A grades in all. I assume 60 points = AS grade A?

Before you ask, state school; 6 at school, the rest in my own time - I have the same timetable constraints as everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm basically, I was so pissed-off that I couldn't do well in my GCSEs that I over-compensated...

For AS I have Maths, physics, chemistry, biology, Philosophy, English, History and Critical Thinking. A grades in all. I assume 60 points = AS grade A?

Before you ask, state school; 6 at school, the rest in my own time - I have the same timetable constraints as everyone else.
    Thats 360 already, you can potentially through the UCAS numbers alone get to a uni already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Thats 360 already, you can potentially through the UCAS numbers alone get to a uni already...
    But most universities ask for A2 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I doubt it, most of them would probably want the points to come from 6 unit qualifications (ie. A Levels).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I see what you mean, but I can't go without A2s....

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean, but I can't go without A2s....
    True but you have like already a stable base to build teh A2's up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Can someone tell me why my comment to maskell was edited? Pathetic, whoever did it.
    I'm guessing it was down to rushda since she was saying something about him not being too bad or something. But I could be wrong.
    Whoever did it made quite a half assed job since one of the posts where I was quoted is still on there!
    Excuse me but that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    The small and withered penis suggestion.
    Well if that is the case, then i'm glad whoever deleted it did so.

Actually I did delete it now that I go through the deleted posts. The reason i deleted it wasn't anything to do with maskall - in fact it had swearing in it and it was downright rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol his post was irrelevant. and no its certainly not the highest in the country, im sure there are plenty of nutters with like 800+
    The record for A level is 9A's at A level. The dude was on BBC news a few years ago. Dutch guy. Record for GCSE's is something like 16A*s!! Nutters..and these records were set in the normal period..2 years and 9 A's at A level! DAMN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well if that is the case, then i'm glad whoever deleted it did so.

Actually I did delete it now that I go through the deleted posts. The reason i deleted it wasn't anything to do with maskall - in fact it had swearing in it and it was downright rude.
    Of course it was rude (and you could have edited the swearing out, as is usual, rather than being so heavy handed) Maskall was being nasty, and he's done that a lot to people who havent been given Oxbridge offers.
    I think the fact that you have, for reasons known only to yourself, decided to stick up for him rather than forumites who actually make a contribution is bizarre. As you'll see if you check the maskell thread, I'm not the only one to think that. Do you not think you ought to be defending edders and alexander instead of someone who is deliberately trying to hurt them? It seems to me that you deleted my post because you didnt agree with it rather than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Of course it was rude (and you could have edited the swearing out, as is usual, rather than being so heavy handed) Maskall was being nasty, and he's done that a lot to people who havent been given Oxbridge offers.
    I think the fact that you have, for reasons known only to yourself, decided to stick up for him rather than forumites who actually make a contribution is bizarre. As you'll see if you check the maskell thread, I'm not the only one to think that. Do you not think you ought to be defending edders and alexander instead of someone who is deliberately trying to hurt them? It seems to me that you deleted my post because you didnt agree with it rather than anything else.
    I'm concor. You are not doing a law related degree are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I'm concor. You are not doing a law related degree are you?
    Concor. What does that mean? Teach the children...
    No I am not doing law, not with the workload they get! (shudders at the very thought)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    No I am not doing law, not with the workload they get! (shudders at the very thought)
    adhsur is lovely, leave her alone.

and as for edders - i dont like him, thats why i am nasty to him.

as for alexander, me and him r friends, and i talk to him on msn frequently - infact he even suggested we meet up when i visit oxford next year for interviews.

i stuck up for him and said many times he was robbed, we even had another caht on msn today about it, so what u said about me being nasty to alexander was completely absurd and a load of rubbish.

unless i said it as a joke between me and him, which again has nothing to do with you and gives you no right to criticize adhsur - she is lovely and ur arguement is flawed.

and by the way, b4 it was "maskall uses bad language therefore delete his posts" - the same rules apply to everyone. even you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I couldn't edit out the swears because that's all it consisted of.

Because of my actions for maskall, he has been nice lately....otehrwise we'd have to deal with so many more offensive threads. He isn't as offensive as you were though.

Is it wrong to be nice to someone if it's going to help sort out the forum? If you have to drop to lower than his level to combat him I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    (and you could have edited the swearing out, as is usual, rather than being so heavy handed)
    i used to say the same to edders yet u agreed with his unwise (in my view) moderating decisions to delete anything of mine insight if it wasnt 100% spotless in every shape or form.

what happens to your principles now on strict moderating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)
    i used to say the same to edders yet u agreed with his unwise (in my view) moderating decisions to delete anything of mine insight if it wasnt 100% spotless in every shape or form.

what happens to your principles now on strict moderating?
    my grade average is perfect! pristine, and spotless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    bleedin pedant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)
    adhsur is lovely, leave her alone.
    and as for edders - i dont like him, thats why i am nasty to him.
    as for alexander, me and him r friends, and i talk to him on msn frequently - infact he even suggested we meet up when i visit oxford next year for interviews.
    i stuck up for him and said many times he was robbed, we even had another caht on msn today about it, so what u said about me being nasty to alexander was completely absurd and a load of rubbish.
    unless i said it as a joke between me and him, which again has nothing to do with you and gives you no right to criticize adhsur - she is lovely and ur arguement is flawed.
    and by the way, b4 it was "maskall uses bad language therefore delete his posts" - the same rules apply to everyone. even you.
    You are incredibly nasty to edders and I think you're way out of order when you do it. So I'll say so if I like. What you have said to him on many occasions is disgusting and it offends me that you are so evil to anybody.
    I'm not making a comment on adshur as a person but on her actions, which I dont agree with. Again, I'll say so if I like. Its constructive criticism deary.
    Nobody says my argument is wrong when they're talking as much crap as you are. As regards Alexander- if you want to have a private chat with someone, you dont post it on a thread. If you do, I'll reply to it if I want. This is a forum, if you hadnt noticed.
    I never objected to swearing being censored, or said I agreed with it come to that. I do however object to posts being deleted just because rushda doesnt like them. If you're going to argue about what I have written, then read it first.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.