The Student Room Group

Nursing Interviews

Hey. I've got an interview for Nursing at Manchester Uni. I just wondered if anyone had any tips or ideas about the questions I might get asked? Thanks. x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try asking the nursing forum?
Reply 2
hi

i was just wondering if anyone else was attending an interview at napier university in edinburgh for a nursing course on the 28th of march?

i'm really nervous but excited about it and i just wanted to know how the rest of u are feeling about it??

:s-smilie:
Hey!
I have an interview for the adult nursing diploma next week at Sheffield Hallam.
Just wondering does anyone know what hallam ask in the interview and what I can expect of the selection day?

Sarah x
sarah :)<3
Hey!
I have an interview for the adult nursing diploma next week at Sheffield Hallam.
Just wondering does anyone know what hallam ask in the interview and what I can expect of the selection day?

Sarah x

Hi Sarah
most probably they would ask u
what are your reasons for applying for the diploma in nursing
what interests you in a career in nursing
have you subscribe to any journals that are relevant to nursing
have you any care experience that is related to nursing
what skills/qualities can you bring etc
those types of questions
hope this helps
Reply 5
I have an invitation to the selection event too! I'm scared. It's in 10 hours.. I should get some sleep :P
Reply 6
AsystoleUK
I have an invitation to the selection event too! I'm scared. It's in 10 hours.. I should get some sleep :P

Let me know how it goes please :wink: ... applying to Sheffield Hallam for Adult Nursing on Monday:]

Xx
Reply 7
has anyone recently had their nursing interview?does this interview involve a numeracy and essay test?are you told there and then if you've got in?
many thanks
Hiya. It will depend on the university but I will tell you about my nursing interview at Anglia Ruskin. I applied for the diploma and applied direct to the university. I didn't have to sit a literacy and numeracy test and I'm not sure on other universities. I think that as long as you have GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above then they wouldn't need to test you. I was told the decision of my interview on the day. We had a 20 minute interview then had to sit in a side room while they decided whether or not to offer a place. Remember all places are conditional on occupational health clearance and having an enhanced CRB check, but normally that doesn't pose a problem.

Good luck in your application

Where are you applying to and for what branch?
Reply 9
dancer...x
Let me know how it goes please :wink: ... applying to Sheffield Hallam for Adult Nursing on Monday:]

Xx

I assume it went well - Unconditional offer :biggrin:
Reply 10
AsystoleUK
I assume it went well - Unconditional offer :biggrin:

very good :smile: hope i get an interview! x
Reply 11
I have my interview for adult nursing on wednesday! By the looks of things there have been many interview dates so im guessing this is going to be a very competitive course to get on to!
Good luck every one
xxxx
Reply 12
Hi there can any one advice me on how interviews goes at the sheffield hallam university for nursing diploma, i have selection day net week please help on whether they do some oral or writing tests or exercises and what are the questions they ask at the individual interview please please guys helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
Reply 13
:smile: Hi there can any one advice me on how interviews goes at the sheffield hallam university for nursing diploma, i have selection day net week please help on whether they do some oral or writing tests or exercises and what are the questions they ask at the individual interview please please guys helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
bedpans_and_bandages - are you studying at Anglia Ruskin?

i have my nursing diploma interview on wednesday! can you give me a rough idea of the questions they asked you?
Reply 15
What Univeristy is it? As all Uni interviews all different! I know with Kings - it's a group interview.

I've had 3 interviews - was interviewed by two people and i didn't have to do a numeracy or essay test
I applied at Kings college London and attend a selection day there next week.I have to take both a maths and english test plus partake in a group discussion as well as a individual interview at the end.The edge Hill one that i am also going to attend this weekend i think its just a normal interview so i think it mainly depends on where u applied to and what they do to select applicants:yes:
Reply 17
Hiya :smile: Just wondering, do you need any A levels to do the diploma?

Thanks!

x
jazstar
Hiya :smile: Just wondering, do you need any A levels to do the diploma?

Thanks!

x

I dont think jazstar to be honest with u.You would certainly need A Levels or the equivalent to do the nursing degree but for the DIP.HE course you just need 5 GCSES grade C or the Equivalent:yep:
Reply 19
I have a selection/interview day on the 2nd of Dec at DMU. Am quiet scared as I dont know what to expect.
Could someone please tell me how a selection day is.

Quick Reply

Latest