The Student Room Group

Nursing Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ZakBrannigan - I have a selection day for Kings, what was it like? I'm worried about the maths and english test, are they really hard?
flower10
ZakBrannigan - I have a selection day for Kings, what was it like? I'm worried about the maths and english test, are they really hard?

hi flower10
The english test is a 15 minute timed test on a article they gave u.They give u a few mins to read the article and then u have to answer the questions on that article
The maths again is timed and is 15 multiple choice questions.Seening I am not that good at maths found some of the questions okay and some a bit hard but if u are okay with Maths you shouldnt find it much of a problem.Good luck with it
Reply 22
Ah thank you very much for that! Thank you very much, good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 23
hey peolpe i'v been offered a nursing applicant day at leeds met after applying a few weeks ago. I currently work on a ward at Leeds General infirmary.. and some students recently told me that Leeds Met don't have interviews..its all goes by ur personal statment. These students said they were offered to spend a day at Leeds Met, ask questions ect...lectures spoke 2 them as a group and they were offered a place.
can some1 varify whether this is true!! i hope i dont av 2 go through an interview i hate them.
i have been a nursing assiant in Leeds General infirmary for 4 years in may, and before then i worked as a care assisant in various nursing homes in leeds.
So i have the experience, and the qualifications... i just fall apart on interviews.. some 1 said that some universities have group discussions...i think this is a bit silly...as like me i have all the practical skills of a nursing assisant..but you could b in a group discussion and can't get a word in coz u have 3 chatterboxes that dont let any1 else talk! and every1 fighting 4 something 2 say.
sarah.x
Reply 24
srose1985
hey peolpe i'v been offered a nursing applicant day at leeds met after applying a few weeks ago. I currently work on a ward at Leeds General infirmary.. and some students recently told me that Leeds Met don't have interviews..its all goes by ur personal statment. These students said they were offered to spend a day at Leeds Met, ask questions ect...lectures spoke 2 them as a group and they were offered a place.
can some1 varify whether this is true!! i hope i dont av 2 go through an interview i hate them.
i have been a nursing assiant in Leeds General infirmary for 4 years in may, and before then i worked as a care assisant in various nursing homes in leeds.
So i have the experience, and the qualifications... i just fall apart on interviews.. some 1 said that some universities have group discussions...i think this is a bit silly...as like me i have all the practical skills of a nursing assisant..but you could b in a group discussion and can't get a word in coz u have 3 chatterboxes that dont let any1 else talk! and every1 fighting 4 something 2 say.
sarah.x

Hi Sarah,

Not sure how things work at Leeds Met but hopefully can help put your mind at ease a bit. I think that the majority of us get scared/nervous before our interviews but one essential task of a nurse is to work well under pressure and be able to keep a clear head at all times. Also it's important that our communication skills are good in whatever situation we face. The nerves of the interview (which all the interviewers know exist) is a good opportunity for us to demonstrate these skills. You sound like you have very good experience which is great - you've probably developed these skills anyway! Even if you don't have a formal interview I'm sure your skills will shine through if you've developed them to any degree :smile:

As for the group interviews I would guess that the 'chatterboxes' would be frowned upon if they did not allow people to get a word in edge ways - I assume it's all about seeing how people work/co-operate/communicate in a group environment. Nurses might not always get on but they must be amicable and listen to one another...

Basically I'm just trying to say: don't worry! You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 25
Hey :smile:
I applied for Children's nursing at 5 universities in December, and was invited for interview at 3 of them.
However, the one uni I really wanted to go to hasn't sent me anything back; an invite for interview, or a rejection! I was just wondering if anyone knew when universities stopped sending invitations for interviews out?
I applied on the 27th of Novemeber and i still have heard nothing from City University.. some of them seem to be taking longer !
Reply 27
Haven't heard from any of my 5 choices yet. I hear they come as late as April though.
Reply 28
I'm still waiting for York and I applied in November.
Reply 29
That makes me feel a bit better :smile:
Huddersfield is where I'm waiting for!
Reply 30
Kitty_x
I'm still waiting for York and I applied in November.

I was told by York that shortlisting for the child branch is going off on 15 February. The days are going painfully slowly.

H x
they can interview you as late as may
Reply 32
Thanks for putting my mind at rest a bit everyone, they invited me for interview yesterday lol, for in two weeks :smile:
Reply 33
helen_says
I was told by York that shortlisting for the child branch is going off on 15 February. The days are going painfully slowly.

H x

Yeah I was told last two weeks of feb, but it seems so long ago since I got that letter.
Have you applied to york for the child branch?
Reply 34
Hi all sorry if this has already been done somewhere on here but thought it would be fun to have an interviews 2010 thread with updates and experienced as people go along to their interviews. I have just opened a letter calling me to interview and I’m excited already! :woo:

BSc Honours Nursing (Adult) Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, Interview 26th May.

DipHE Nursing (Adult) Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting
DipHE Operating department practice Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting

Good luck everyone!
Emness
Hi all sorry if this has already been done somewhere on here but thought it would be fun to have an interviews 2010 thread with updates and experienced as people go along to their interviews. I have just opened a letter calling me to interview and I’m excited already! :woo:

BSc Honours Nursing (Adult) – Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, Interview 26th May.

DipHE Nursing (Adult) – Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting
DipHE Operating department practice – Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting

Good luck everyone!

I see by that Emness u applied to Anglia Ruskin,thats where i got a place last year for the MHN Degree course but decided to take some time out so decline the offer.I am currently waiting for UCAS extra to start at the back end of Feb.I dont know whether i be reapplying to ARU this time around and good luck with that interview Emness i am sure u will do well
Reply 36
ZakBrannigan
I see by that Emness u applied to Anglia Ruskin,thats where i got a place last year for the MHN Degree course but decided to take some time out so decline the offer.I am currently waiting for UCAS extra to start at the back end of Feb.I dont know whether i be reapplying to ARU this time around and good luck with that interview Emness i am sure u will do well

Thanks thats very kind. Fingers crossed for you, I hope you get in via extra. Good luck!
Reply 37
Kitty_x
Yeah I was told last two weeks of feb, but it seems so long ago since I got that letter.
Have you applied to york for the child branch?

I think we will get responses any time in the next two weeks now. I'm so nervous it's ridiculous.

Yes, I applied to York for the child branch diploma and degree.
Reply 38
helen_says
I think we will get responses any time in the next two weeks now. I'm so nervous it's ridiculous.

Yes, I applied to York for the child branch diploma and degree.

It's awful isn't it, York is the only uni I'm waiting to hear from. I've had my last two interviews this week.
Good luck!
Emness
Hi all sorry if this has already been done somewhere on here but thought it would be fun to have an interviews 2010 thread with updates and experienced as people go along to their interviews. I have just opened a letter calling me to interview and I’m excited already!

BSc Honours Nursing (Adult) Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, Interview 26th May.

DipHE Nursing (Adult) Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting
DipHE Operating department practice Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, still waiting

Good luck everyone!

I'm waiting for that too. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest