Turn on thread page Beta

Personally im more of a ribbon fan

ReputationRep:
    Well in my case raising awareness by wearing my band has had a positive effect on MY life personally, which is why I wear it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i opened a can or worms here, alot of ppl supporting me by sayin its more of a fashion statement, and i think the comment bout chavs wearing the anti-bully band and still bullying is still true, but then they probably stole it of a kid that was bein bullied, its not like they will know the meaning of it. enyways thanx for the replies... keep um cummin

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i opened a can or worms here
    Hell, what are forums for?

and i think the comment bout chavs wearing the anti-bully band and still bullying is still true,
    Yep; and (at risk of taking a point too far), just shows what little good these sort of wristbands do.

ReputationRep:
    bands dont change anything, you wear em to show that you support it.. not that you do something about it. =/

ReputationRep:
    I wear a blue 'be kind to animals' band. Its an RSPCA one, and i got it from one of their rescue shelters, so I know the money went to them!

ReputationRep:
    I wear a red one to show my support for the 96 people who died at Hillsborough.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Make Poverty History T shirt and one of their material bracelets.

ReputationRep:
    i think that they can be used to increase awarness and raise money, but I definitely disagree with the ones just made as fashion statements with no proceeds to charity.
    Personally I dont think tht it necesarily matters tht people dont actually support the cause as long as they buy the real charity bands, so the charity still benefits.
    I guess thats just my opinion

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.