Turn on thread page Beta

New Years Eve watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,me and my mates were going to go to Novotel for new years BUT we can't now because they all decided that it wasn't exactly the best place to go to.
    Does anyone know of any excellent clubs that we can go to? preferably in London and the ticket price doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    sorry i cant help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    sorry i cant help you
    Me neither, but if you can't find anything...have your own party at one of your friends houses. Get some drinks, music and a film in and you'll have a great time.

ReputationRep:
    I am staying in now as my plans have been messed up. I am going out on saturday instead, it will be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Me neither, but if you can't find anything...have your own party at one of your friends houses. Get some drinks, music and a film in and you'll have a great time.
    id do that except we really want to go out! all of our parents are going to be staying home,we dont really want them around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    id do that except we really want to go out! all of our parents are going to be staying home,we dont really want them around!
    I know what you mean..

Aren't any of your friend's parents going out?

Why don't you search the internet for some good clubs or meet up with all your friends and just go round town looking for some good clubs.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean..

Aren't any of your friend's parents going out?

Why don't you search the internet for some good clubs or meet up with all your friends and just go round town looking for some good clubs.
    yeah ive looked,i still couldn't find anything! My parents are telling me to hurry up and find somewhere before all the tickets go..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    yeah ive looked,i still couldn't find anything! My parents are telling me to hurry up and find somewhere before all the tickets go..
    Ah, you'll have to ask a Londoner then.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you'll have to ask a Londoner then.

hmm thanks anyway gems!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    hmm thanks anyway gems!
    Fabric or Chinawhite? Tickets would be really expensive tho...
    How about going to your favourite local? Most pubs have got great stuff going on for new year, but u normally need tickets, and they might be all gone by now. Where's that club u mentioned in ur first post? i've never heard of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Fabric or Chinawhite? Tickets would be really expensive tho...
    How about going to your favourite local? Most pubs have got great stuff going on for new year, but u normally need tickets, and they might be all gone by now. Where's that club u mentioned in ur first post? i've never heard of it?
    Novotel,its in Hammersmith...i suppose its not very popular lol! Chinawhite and Fabric? where about are these places??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Hi guys,me and my mates were going to go to Novotel for new years BUT we can't now because they all decided that it wasn't exactly the best place to go to.
    Does anyone know of any excellent clubs that we can go to? preferably in London and the ticket price doesn't really matter.

New Year -

No point in going to town as wont get a taxi back until 5am. The local boozer that you visit most weekends all of a sudden decides it wants £10 for you just to walk in the door. Many "events" at hotels and social clubs are organised often with a hefty admission price.

My opinion:

Town is often not worth it unless you live in London or somewhere (as you do) where they have mass public transport and a plan to get people home. I wont go to the local pub as a matter of priniciple (why should I pay £10 when the other 364 days a year it is free) so I am going to an event at a hotel. I am paying £65 for the pleasure of a three course meal however as it is jacket and tie I hope that this will filter out some of the "rif raff".

ReputationRep:
    LOL Anna if your picture is a photo of you I will leave the girlfriend at home and you can come with me to this hotel do in Epson if you like .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    LOL Anna if your picture is a photo of you I will leave the girlfriend at home and you can come with me to this hotel do in Epson if you like .
    llol Epson? wheres that? hmm,you take your girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    llol Epson? wheres that? hmm,you take your girlfriend

You have never heard of Epson?

Epson derby (now called the Vodafone derby for commerical reasons).

Epson downs (basically a semi hilly massive open space near the town).

Epson is one of the most expensive and upmarket places to live on "the commuter belt" I believe.

ReputationRep:
    The walkabout in Hammersmith would be great on NYE. or crazy larry's??
    Or po na na?

Chinawhite
    6 Air Street, LONDON, W1B 5AA
    Tel: (020) 7343 0040

Fabric
    77a Charterhouse Street EC1M 6HJ
    Tel: (020) 7336 8898

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    You have never heard of Epson?

Epson derby (now called the Vodafone derby for commerical reasons).

Epson downs.

One of the most expensive and upmarket places to live on "the commuter belt" I believe.
    Do you mean Epsom??

ReputationRep:
    The walkabout in Hammersmith would be great on NYE. or crazy larry's??
    Or po na na?

Chinawhite
    6 Air Street, LONDON, W1B 5AA
    Tel: (020) 7343 0040

Fabric
    77a Charterhouse Street EC1M 6HJ
    Tel: (020) 7336 8898

Hope that helps!
    ooo thanks, your a star! rep given to you and big kiss from Anna! *mwahh*

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean Epsom??
    Yea probably, but every time I go there I am drunk so the m turning into a n is easily explainable.

Add to that the fact I live up North and only go there twice a year and you can see why I got it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    ooo thanks, your a star! rep given to you and big kiss from Anna! *mwahh*
    Wheres my kiss ?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.