Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving in on the 24th Sep....what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Well - most of us don't know what accomodation we've got until the end of this week!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Well - most of us don't know what accomodation we've got until the end of this week!!! :eek:
    Hehe, yeah I know but I thought everyone had been informed of the moving-in dates? They were in the blue book that was sent a few weeks ago... Never mind :p:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't everyone just turn up on arrival weekend? I reckon most people will be there on the Saturday.

Once you hit the M23 on that Saturday, most of the cars you'll see on the road will be packed with bags, boxes and students. That was one of the more enduring memories of that week...It really was a blur.

@ ktr18...If you read this, are your flat gonna go to the Freshers' Ball? I've got about 20 people together, but you lot should come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementalism)
    Doesn't everyone just turn up on arrival weekend? I reckon most people will be there on the Saturday.

Once you hit the M23 on that Saturday, most of the cars you'll see on the road will be packed with bags, boxes and students. That was one of the more enduring memories of that week...It really was a blur.

@ ktr18...If you read this, are your flat gonna go to the Freshers' Ball? I've got about 20 people together, but you lot should come.
    Yeah true, I was just wondering 'cause at my previous university, quite a few people arrived in the middle of freshers' week, rather than at the weekend...

ReputationRep:
    i'm moving in on sat 24th. got my works leaving do on 23rd so hopefully not gonna be to hungover, oh well it only 30-45min drive depending on traffic from Eastbourne.

ReputationRep:
    do we find out our accomodation this week?? im goin sat morn i think, cos i mite be goin up fri afternoon wiv my parents and stayin in a b&b or summin...god knows why but my mum seems to think its a good idea!! im so excited!!!!
    anyone at uni already, can u tell me if its worth a tv cos im really stuck as to weather to bring it or not!!

ReputationRep:
    24th, I suppose...

I live near the A23 at the other end of the motorway, but given the traffic there on a normal day, I think we're setting off early!

ReputationRep:
    yup i'm movin in on the 24th 2, the saturday. Seems thats the popular day lol so i'll head out early 2 i guess as im comin from my uncles up in swindon.

ReputationRep:
    Thats prob when ill be there too, its the day before my little sisters birthday! Im gonna miss it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be travelling up on the 24th, Its about 2 hours i think from where I live so I will be leaving stupidly early. I wanna get a chance to settle down and get rid of my parents before everyone else arrives P

ReputationRep:
    Moving in on 24th. No reason not to go ASAP. Earlier you arrive, the more time there is to get used to it before you have to start doing some work.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people will be arriving on the 24th, including me. I don't want to feel like i'm missing anything, or that people will have all started making friends

ReputationRep:
    theres going to be so many cars around the roads will be blocked completly

ReputationRep:
    Best get there early then

University open days

1. University of Sussex
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.