Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello people

I'm looking to do a Sandwich Degree in Marketing / Marketing Management... I really want the work placement because of job prospects etc.

Basically, I think I've decided on which 6 uni's to apply to, but just wanted to know what everyone thinks of them & which maybe have the best reputation... or maybe you go to one and just want to tell me what it's like.

Obviously I'm going to visit open days aswell cus that's going to give me the best view of each place.

Btw. I'm really keen to study in London (or near to) because of job prospects + I just really like the idea of London - just looks really exciting to me. LOL my mums like really concerned about terrorism there, but I've told her it won't put me off, and she knows it's my choice

Anyway, the 6 uni's I've got on my list are:

Brunel - quite a good rep?
    Kingston - know someone who went there and they highly recc it to me.
    Hertfordshire - visited, and facilities look nice, course seems good.
    South Bank - not too sure?
    West Of England Uni, Bristol - looks nice.
    Aston - good rep, but don't particularly like Brum

What do you think's the best out of them?

ReputationRep:
    Aston has the best reputation out of those, but there's no point going if you don't like Birmingham because wherever you go, you'll be spending 3 years of your life there and it's important to be happy. Reputation isn't everything. I'd say Hertfordshire is the second best and might be a nice place to live because it's close to London but not right in the middle of everything. If you want to live in London itself, go for Brunel, Kingston or SBU (probably in that order) or if you like the look of Bristol, go for UWE. Of course, it doesn't really matter at this stage because you don't know which universities will make you an offer.

ReputationRep:
    West of England Uni, Bristol - is this University of Bristol?

If yes, then, Bristol is the best among the unis you've listed. If you're willing to study in London, then you should consider the top unis to be under University of London (e.g. Imperial, King's Coll, Queen Mary, etc). Besides U of L, i think City uni is a good one for your chosen course.

ReputationRep:
    No ash, UWE and UoBristol are different.

Can you get a mod to put up a poll?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure I know i don't know which will make me offers... but just want some peoples opinions anyway.

Uni of London doesn't offer marketing.... and I've thought about City, but they don't offer it on it's own or as a sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be better to try to do a traditional degree in say Economics, or E&M (Oxford), or Maths, and then once you've finished, from a more reputable uni you could get a good work placement from their careers service and go further from there? To do management you don't necessarily have to limit yourself to a management degree.

It would be a shame if you've been predicted good grades not to go somewhere that will push you the most and fulfil your potential.

edit - out of those, Aston is the best rep. I would steer clear of South Bank, I know someone still struggling to find a job with a degree in forensic science from there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    Wouldn't it be better to try to do a traditional degree in say Economics, or E&M (Oxford), or Maths, and then once you've finished, from a more reputable uni you could get a good work placement from their careers service and go further from there? To do management you don't necessarily have to limit yourself to a management degree.

It would be a shame if you've been predicted good grades not to go somewhere that will push you the most and fulfil your potential.
    Agreed. Something like English, or History, and so on are very respected if its from a top uni.

ReputationRep:
    I know you mentioned that you'd ideally like to study in London but have you considered Bournemouth? My sister just graduated with a degree in International Marketing Management and did her sandwich year in Hong Kong. The Marketing degree is taught in the media school there which is one of the best in the country.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.