Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Probably me being paranoid, but I seem to be the only one among my friends to have received the UCAS 'All Clear' Magazine - perhaps some Ucas computer subconciously sends them to people who miss their grades?

ReputationRep:
    It said on the clearing info leaflet in the last UCAS letter that everyone would get a magazine called "Which Way" by the 17th. Maybe they have changed its name?!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry - they send something about clearing out to everyone just in case

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter about Clearing and what to do in case of emergencie a few days ago. I had a heart attack but apparantly they send it to everyone so don'tr worry!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got that last year and got into my Insurance choice. Loads of other people on here got it too.

You friends might have ticked the "don't send me things" box, or theres might not have arrived yet.

ReputationRep:
    I got that magazine and letter even though I'd ticked the box!Rah.

Well I read it anyway,lol.

ReputationRep:
    I got this.

I also got about 10 sheets of junk mail with them, thanks UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    i got a thing offering me a discount on stethoscopes and membership with the British Medical Journal but nothing about clearing? odd

ReputationRep:
    I got the same thing, i was also slightly worried - not much though. Demontford sent me a lolly pop and a CD of some crappy singer with lyrics of how great demontford is...their letter asked me about 6 times to change my time and go demontford, this is kinda getting stupid now, how much are they gonna send?

btw the lolly pop was pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    I got the same thing, i was also slightly worried - not much though. Demontford sent me a lolly pop and a CD of some crappy singer with lyrics of how great demontford is...their letter asked me about 6 times to change my time and go demontford, this is kinda getting stupid now, how much are they gonna send?

btw the lolly pop was pretty crap.
    I applied to that university too to fill up my 6 choices. They didn't send me anything though. I didn't know that universities will do these kinds of stuff.

It's quite weird that they need only one A-level at grad B according to your signature to study Audiology.

ReputationRep:
    That’s hilarious. It might be worth contacting your local authorities if the harassment continues.

ReputationRep:
    I got all that stuff last year and I got AAAB so I really wouldn't worry! I'll probably get it this year too, even though all my offers were unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    Phew. I think.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addict)
    That’s hilarious. It might be worth contacting your local authorities if the harassment continues.
    loll, i wasn't thinking the exact same thing

Demontford have put up their grades to CCC now. They just said they were really impressed with my PS and would i change my mind. Worth applying i suppose, maybe i can use that CD as a CD-RW if it isn't a CD-R. Otherwise it'll be a waste of good material.

ReputationRep:
    lol! a lollipop! cannot believe!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    lol! a lollipop! cannot believe!!!
    I applied to DMU and didn't get one. I didn't choose that university as my firm/insurance. That university is to fill up my 6 choices. Other universities didn't do that kind of thing.

During the cleraing period, I think we will get advertisements on the university/courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    During the cleraing period, I think we will get advertisements on the university/courses.
    I can confirm that's happening already! Got a letter from Kingston the other day (who I declined an offer from) informing me that they will be having a 'Clearing drop-in service' from results day.

ReputationRep:
    Demontfort seem to be really desperate! I keep hearing stories like this about them practically begging people to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Demontfort seem to be really desperate! I keep hearing stories like this about them practically begging people to go there.
    Lol, yep there are quite a few. They are turning into a laughing stock reputation wise. I hope they don't put a law suit on me for slander, i was only messing [if admin is check this thread searching for peeps to recruit ].

BTW no offence to current DMU students

ReputationRep:
    a LOLLYPOP? :rofl: :rofl:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.