Turn on thread page Beta

am i just weird?!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embelina)
    yeah but you men are the same...you all lose interest as soon as we start likin u too....its a no winning situation for either party
    I wouldn't say that's the case with men. Maybe I'm wrong. Guys, do you immediately lose interest once you've "got the girl"? I know I certainly don't.

It's just very typical of women to crave the attention from men and once they've suckered the guy, it's onto more attention from the next. I know all women aren't like that, but it seems to be a growing number that are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embelina)
    yeah but you men are the same...you all lose interest as soon as we start likin u too....its a no winning situation for either party
    some of us aren't

MB

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think men are as bad as girls on the whole losing interest front...

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am the same. I get their attention and then cut them off. It has established a few nick names like super ***** or the ice queen. I know i do it, but i dont know why. Glad I am not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i think im exactly the same.
    i tend to like a guy nd then once i "get them" i seem to go off them.
    sometimes its even worse, i dont wanna be with a guy but jus want their attention, its terrible! :eek:
    erm im just wondering can guys be the same lol? My friend kept saying that her cousin liked me (dont know how true it was but he did show signs) and this went on for about a year then he asked me out so I said yeah cause he was ok. It lasted 2 days

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I know plenty of men who go after the hard-to-get girls. And once they do, they dump them asap. My conclusion is that men likes to be chase, but not to be chased :ahhhhh: - which is exactly why I generously try to give them a headache!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    erm im just wondering can guys be the same lol? My friend kept saying that her cousin liked me (dont know how true it was but he did show signs) and this went on for about a year then he asked me out so I said yeah cause he was ok. It lasted 2 days
    maybe it just wasnt what he thought it would be, or he just liked the chase, i dunno cant work this one out :confused:
    did you have sex?

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand women who change completely when the cards are on the table. Playing games with peoples emotions is ****ed up and cruel. Why can't we be honest with each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocmonster)
    when i really like a guy, i do all the flirting stuff for a while (although because i'm quite shy its usually v.v subtle!) but then once i actually get their attention, i seem to go off them!

is this simply a case of just liking the chase...or am i just weird?!!
    Of course that's not weird. Girls also like the "chase" just as much as guys do.

But if you do find a guy you genuinely like, you'll keep liking him afterwards. If not, you'll probably just ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is, is that its not 'playing games', its being totally honest, if we were playing games then we'd pretend to like you when we don't. I always think that with every new guy I like that it'll be different, that I will like them after the chase, it's not a game, it's just what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, girls are cruel.....sweet! However, some guys are the same. I know I love the chase, and then if I succeed lose interest soon after. I have a golden period of happiness for two weeks and then it just gets boring. If its right, it will last.

ReputationRep:
    Okay my whinge was a bit out of context. If you do find yourself getting bored that quickly, even when you're really in to the feller, it suggests that you're not ready for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    dating=a game

ReputationRep:
    I have that as well... an attraction to what you can't have.. I think everyone does to a degree just some considerably more than others

ReputationRep:
    Girls like a challenge. Guys like the easy way out. That's why they go for those who a guaranteed lay.

if girls get the guy too easily, they feel that they've been duped or something. The more you have to work for him, the more you'll appreciate him.

Unless it's one of those love-at-first-sight things, where there is no work involved besides looking...(not that I believe such a phenomenon exists of course...)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think your wierd it just sounds like you love the thrill of the chase but once you've got them where you want them you don't actually want a relationship so you chicken out. Its ok, its just a little unfair on the guy.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.