The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I hope the essay questions aren't unit 3, I hate that unit! I just don't get all the memory stuff etc maybe cos I never listened much :p:
Reply 81
Unit 2 essay questions to come up pleasee sqqaa :smile:
Reply 82
Babb_zz
Unit 2 essay questions to come up pleasee sqqaa :smile:

There's a good chance that the essays will be unit 2 this year. :smile:
Reply 83
And 95% in the 2006 paper!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I'll be typing up the protein synthesis/behaviour notes now. :smile:
Reply 84
If its true LuhLah id probably like literally scream in the exam hall, im rubbish at answering essays but i love the unit 2 stuff, so itll be okay for me
Reply 85
LuhLah
Hello!

People sitting human bio this year on TSR seems to be quite scarce. So, I've made up this thread as a discussion/study thread for the sub :biggrin:

People sitting Human bio this year:
ME
Madjackismad
roar558
24craigour
justasmalltowngirl
davidmarsh01
bananaslug77

Please can you add me to the list? :smile:
Reply 86
Sure. :smile:

I will not, and will never, get mono/dihybrid crosses.

*prays for an essay on protein synthesis*
Reply 87
LuhLah
Sure. :smile:

I will not, and will never, get mono/dihybrid crosses.

*prays for an essay on protein synthesis*

I don't think you need to know much if anything on mono/dihybrid crosses for Human biology but for AH level it will probably dealt with fairly thoroughly. Really hope protein synthesis will be an essay too, it's one of the easiest subjects to talk about.
Reply 88
By the way what's the difference between deindividualisation and deindividuation?
Reply 89
roar558
By the way what's the difference between deindividualisation and deindividuation?

Err, no idea about Deinvidualisation but Deinviduation is bascially the loss of personal identity in a group (think of an angry mob).

And yeah, but luckily I'm not doing AH :h:. If I don't get into uni, I'll be doing HNC Applied Science/Biomedical Science, which involves Biochemistry, Anatomy (year 2 uni level! :eek3), microbiology, pharmacological studies, physiology, chemistry, cell biology, DNA studies, statistics (basically AH Stats), lab work and a huge ass research project.

No genetics, however :colone:
Reply 90
LuhLah
Err, no idea about Deinvidualisation but Deinviduation is bascially the loss of personal identity in a group (think of an angry mob).

And yeah, but luckily I'm not doing AH :h:. If I don't get into uni, I'll be doing HNC Applied Science/Biomedical Science, which involves Biochemistry, Anatomy (year 2 uni level! :eek3), microbiology, pharmacological studies, physiology, chemistry, cell biology, DNA studies, statistics (basically AH Stats), lab work and a huge ass research project.

No genetics, however :colone:

The reason i asked was that the marking scheme for last years extended response said deinviduation and specifically said not deinvidualisation
Reply 91
roar558
The reason i asked was that the marking scheme for last years extended response said deinviduation and specifically said not deinvidualisation

I don't remember covering it. It's probably outwith the syllabus and/or a spelling mistake, hence why it's a negate in the marking scheme.
Reply 92
jackwka
If you have no idea on respiration simply put:

The body goes, "I want to respirate" and the brain goes "Ok!"

I actually laughed out loud. :top:

..What essays does everyone think/hope will come up? Any predictions?
Reply 93
xBATHwater
I actually laughed out loud. :top:

..What essays does everyone think/hope will come up? Any predictions?

I have a feeling that temperature regulation will come up. Maybe that's just cos the head of biology's in the SQA and put it in our prelim :p:
Reply 94
I hate the nitrogen cycle. :frown:
I managed to get through SG Biology and Chemistry without learning it, it's about time I actually learnt it now!
Reply 95
I wish you could take the question booklet out of the exam like you can for other subjects but you have to write in it! Then we could check multiple choice.
Reply 96
Kelz_26
I wish you could take the question booklet out of the exam like you can for other subjects but you have to write in it! Then we could check multiple choice.

This! I'm going to ask for an extra copy at the end.

Has anyone ever heard about people taking their exam scripts out at the end of the exam to show their teachers? I've seen it on here a few times.
Reply 97
LuhLah
This! I'm going to ask for an extra copy at the end.

Has anyone ever heard about people taking their exam scripts out at the end of the exam to show their teachers? I've seen it on here a few times.

Do they have spare copies? You couldn't copy over your multiple choice answers though. I'll ask too, you never know they might have let us.
Reply 98
You usually get a sheet of blank paper for rough working which you're not meant to hand in - it even has a heading printed on it, can't remember what it was now.

So we could write our answers on that :wink:
LuhLah can you please add me to the list as well :smile:, I want to see how many people are actually doing Human Biology this year, not that 1 name would make a difference I suspect.
Reply 99
LuhLah
I have a feeling that temperature regulation will come up. Maybe that's just cos the head of biology's in the SQA and put it in our prelim :p:

Temperature regulation only recently came up, in 2008.

Latest

Trending

Trending