This discussion is closed.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
does anyone here go to/or no anyone who goes to a full time drama school?i was just wondering as my dad has brought up the thought of me going to one. Also how hard is it to get in?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't, but I do know that these drama schools are very difficult to get into. Do drama at A-Level and get experience in drama and other subjects.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
does anyone here go to/or no anyone who goes to a full time drama school?i was just wondering as my dad has brought up the thought of me going to one. Also how hard is it to get in?
I'm told that its rather hard to get in without the proper prior experience. You would do well to look this up.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
(Original post by happysunshine)
I don't, but I do know that these drama schools are very difficult to get into. Do drama at A-Level and get experience in drama and other subjects.
i thought you had to go to drama school at 16 though?
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i thought you had to go to drama school at 16 though?
do you? That wouldn't make any sense, as actors come in all ages--well, since they're acting, anyone should be able to, as long as you're good
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

It depends wot u wana do after drama school.. cos im the same, wheather to go 2 'normal' collage or not but u can go at 16 or 18 n solarships r normally given to 18 year olds, which is abit tight but there u go.. Is it jus drama u wana do acting / dance / theatre studies?? Which drama school do u wana go 2??
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not sure if this is of any help: http://www.nayt.org.uk/

I don't know how good you are, but you must have A LOT of talent, not that I want to put you down but if you do have talent and have determination then go for it.

If you haven't had much Drama experience then you can do AVCE in Performing Arts or Drama at A-Level as well as other A-Levels which will help you if you change your mind or if it's too difficult to get into.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
(Original post by caz)
do you? That wouldn't make any sense, as actors come in all ages--well, since they're acting, anyone should be able to, as long as you're good
i love acting and used to act a lot when i was 10-13 but have stopped now due to something that happened. I have never done anything big, but i would love the chance to be able to go!Does anyone know how much these drama schools are?on average?
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not sure if this is of any help: http://www.nayt.org.uk/

I don't know how good you are, but you must have A LOT of talent, not that I want to put you down but if you do have talent and have determination then go for it.

If you haven't had much Drama experience then you can do AVCE in Performing Arts or Drama at A-Level as well as other A-Levels which will help you if you change your mind or if it's too difficult to get into.
I agree.. It is sometimes better to go to normal collega till your 18 then to drama colleage then u have more experence n more chance of scolarship!! U gota b good though thats the one drawback.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tribi18)
It depends wot u wana do after drama school.. cos im the same, wheather to go 2 'normal' collage or not but u can go at 16 or 18 n solarships r normally given to 18 year olds, which is abit tight but there u go.. Is it jus drama u wana do acting / dance / theatre studies?? Which drama school do u wana go 2??
i have no idea what drama school i want to go to?to be honest the thought about going to one has only just recently crossed my mind, apart from when i was young and dreamed of going. I just like the acting part of it, but i used to dance as well. I used to go to competions all aroung the uk!But ahve stopped that now, its just the acting that i want to take up.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i love acting and used to act a lot when i was 10-13 but have stopped now due to something that happened. I have never done anything big, but i would love the chance to be able to go!Does anyone know how much these drama schools are?on average?

well the top collages cost £10,000 a year n ur there for three years (thats £30,000) for the full course.. but some are much cheaper like £2000 a year n dat - not cheap though!!
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have no idea what drama school i want to go to?to be honest the thought about going to one has only just recently crossed my mind, apart from when i was young and dreamed of going. I just like the acting part of it, but i used to dance as well. I used to go to competions all aroung the uk!But ahve stopped that now, its just the acting that i want to take up.
Search for RARDA - thats good collage just 4 acting n film.. one of the bvest actually!
But if u wana go into dance then Laine in london is supposed to be excellent.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And remember you can go to Drama School but the majority only end up in theartes if that. Most don't even get a chance to go on TV despite them being very talented.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
well the top collages cost £10,000 a year n ur there for three years (thats £30,000) for the full course.. but some are much cheaper like £2000 a year n dat - not cheap though!!
bloody hell. I was thinking more of £3500 not £10,000 but i suppose its not too bad,considering that the teachers would probably be alot more experienced.
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And remember you can go to Drama School but the majority only end up in theartes if that. Most don't even get a chance to go on TV despite them being very talented.
my friend got accepted to a drama school for dance....shes quite good
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
i dont think its the fame i like about acting. I think its the chance to act out someone completely different and be able to be someone else for a while.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whereas with dance collages there r many west end auditions. but uve got to be gud at everything acting,dancing, singing to be selected to those. If ur gud at dancing n acting (which it sounds like it) then reserach performing arts colleages.. they do all three areas.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont think its the fame i like about acting. I think its the chance to act out someone completely different and be able to be someone else for a while.
But remember you'd be going there to make a career out of acting and if you want to make enough money to survive then you'd have to become famous to an extent otherwise no one would know you and want to employ you.

Actresses often go for weeks with no money until something comes along, which isn't that well paid.

But if you are serious, I really suggest that you do drama at A-Level and then maybe go to Uni to study Drama, that way you could having teaching as a backup if acting work doesn't come your way
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
whereas with dance collages there r many west end auditions. but uve got to be gud at everything acting,dancing, singing to be selected to those. If ur gud at dancing n acting (which it sounds like it) then reserach performing arts colleages.. they do all three areas.
that Rarda college you told me to look at, on google it hasnt found it. Have you got the website for it?i dont want to take up dancing by the way, i did it for years and dont have the "love" for it as i do with acting.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that Rarda college you told me to look at, on google it hasnt found it. Have you got the website for it?i dont want to take up dancing by the way, i did it for years and dont have the "love" for it as i do with acting.
really sorry but i don't ave the website.. that might not b how u spell it.. its pronaonce Roarrda if thta helps, lol.. but theres laodz o collegaes jus 4 acting though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads