Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok thankyou for being a great help. My only worry is that i probably wont get into one of these colleges as i have no backround experience. Apart from working on school plays and small plays in my local theatre. What would i have to do get an audition?and should i wait and do Drama at A level or should i go to a college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    What would i have to do get an audition?and should i wait and do Drama at A level or should i go to a college?
    If i wo u darlin i'd do drama a level first then go. U will have an audition anyway n u might have to move from home n i think 16 is too young ne way - I wo in to same place as u bout a month ago n i thought if u find a drama group somewhere n preactice there n get experience n then take drama a level then u learn new techniques.. with no experience u might find it difficult.. but the decision is yours (as cilla blakc says..) Hope it helped!!

ReputationRep:
    ok thankyou ever so much for you help!

ReputationRep:
    i would give you rep (",) but cant as i have already given it. I will when its been 24hrs since the last time.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who is currently at RADA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I know someone who is currently at RADA.
    how are they finding it?

ReputationRep:
    how are they finding it?
    They love it, they've always been in to that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    They love it, they've always been in to that sort of thing.
    i meant how hard sorry!

ReputationRep:
    i meant how hard sorry!
    Oh, I'm not sure, I don't really talk to them much about it.

ReputationRep:
    there's the brit's school in london, thats meant 2 be good and not 2 hard 2 get in2, i do drama a level, u'll be suprised at how much writing u have 2 do, its quite hard work

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend who goes to the Italia Conti PA college in London. Its really expensive...something like £10,000 a year i think, but she's really enjoying it. Apparently its really exhausting tho. You can do your A-levels before you go to a PA college, it doesn't really matter, though you might want to research that.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majik)
    there's the brit's school in london, thats meant 2 be good and not 2 hard 2 get in2, i do drama a level, u'll be suprised at how much writing u have 2 do, its quite hard work
    oh yeah, i love writing though as well, am going to do English for sixth form also. Could i ask what sort of writing you would have to do? and what sort of plays you have been doing lately?

ReputationRep:
    yeh its RADA, 2 ppl from my school are going there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    yeh its RADA, 2 ppl from my school are going there
    how hard did they find it to get in?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry can I just jump in here and say hi.
    I too am thinking about Drama Schools. They are notoriously difficult to get into esp. RADA (The World's best), have you thought about LAMDA? I take acting exams there, it's a really nice place.
    Or you could think about the Central School Of Speech and Drama (another really good one).
    Be honest here, are you any good? Because they are really hard to get into.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.