National Anthems Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Yes and the other third was supporters of the Brits!
so? there a minority, and they all ran off to canada anyway!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
so? there a minority, and they all ran off to canada anyway!
Canadians! Land of the truely free...I salute you.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Canadians! Land of the truely free...I salute you.
:rolleyes: blame canada *sings tune*
blame canada
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah our uniform.....was the fact that none of our soldiers had shoes..... you cant call what we had a uniform...... the infantry wore buckskind because thats what they all had from home.....

we werent fighting against ourselves.....most of us (one third of the pop. supported the war...) and you have to remember that one of the other thirds was quakers, who are pacifist!
No, you weren't fighting amongst yourselves, we were fighting amongt ourselves.

And you had proper uniforms, like the British red-coat uniform. The US marines were formed during ths war and they were uniformed as were all your other troops. It wasn't a small rebel uprising, it was a well-equipped, well-structured army the British were facing and, as Howard said, there was no point sending additional troops to America when there were much more important colonies.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
look it up in the dictionary mate! civil is when the mother country wins....and in britains eyes we werent british, or equal to "real brits" which is why we fought in the first place.......
No, it's not where a mother country wins, it is when there is a war within one country. There is no reason why the mother country would win, in the English civil war the establishment lost to the Roundheads.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
No, you weren't fighting amongst yourselves, we were fighting amongt ourselves.

And you had proper uniforms, like the British red-coat uniform. The US marines were formed during ths war and they were uniformed as were all your other troops. It wasn't a small rebel uprising, it was a well-equipped, well-structured army the British were facing and, as Howard said, there was no point sending additional troops to America when there were much more important colonies.
when were you taught that we were well equipped.....i certainly wasnt taught that!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
when were you taught that we were well equipped.....i certainly wasnt taught that!
Well you wouldn't be, but you were.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, it's not where a mother country wins, it is when there is a war within one country. There is no reason why the mother country would win, in the English civil war the establishment lost to the Roundheads.
we,ve had a civil war also....quite horrible, my family's property in virginia (now west virginia) was burned down......and it was a huge plantation to! *scowls at sherman*

ive had a different history than what you guys have had......, all that i have said is true by american standards!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we,ve had a civil war also....quite horrible, my family's property in virginia (now west virginia) was burned down......and it was a huge plantation to! *scowls at sherman*

ive had a different history than what you guys have had......, all that i have said is true by american standards!
well then the american education system si very odd, as it must be the only place in the world which gives a definition of a civil war as 'where the mother country wins'.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well then the american education system si very odd, as it must be the only place in the world which gives a definition of a civil war as 'where the mother country wins'.
i have it on a vocab sheet from 8th grade!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im off this thread.....tired of defending america
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that is quite worrying, actually.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol, that's great.

And I like the "Blame Canada" song from South Park, it's great, but I don't believe in it, I like Canada even though I've never been there. Just like I like all the other nice English-speaking countries.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the war of 1812 was more us defending Canada than us invading you, and we did that successfully.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the war of 1812 was more us defending Canada than us invading you, and we did that successfully.
Yeah! Up with the canadians!
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, the American education system at the moment in some States no longer teaches evolution but prefers to teach creationism.

So it's official. Darwin was a complete ass and the world was in fact created in 7 days. That's the state sanctioned truth.

I think that say's rather a lot about how and what young Americans are taught.

Small wonder that "home schooling" is such a trend. They'll be revisiting the idea that the earth is flat soon.

Howard
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Well, the American education system at the moment in some States no longer teaches evolution but prefers to teach creationism.

So it's official. Darwin was a complete ass and the world was in fact created in 7 days. That's the state sanctioned truth.

Small wonder that "home schooling" is such a trend. They'll be revisiting the idea that the earth is flat soon.

Howard
For such an 'advanced' culture, the Americans never seem to have questioned religion or been eager to teach science like most advanced cultures.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)

Howard
i got evolution in school, and i live in texas.....
Linda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i got evolution in school, and i live in texas.....
I went to school in Apopka, Orange County, Florida for a while, and it was quite "special". First of all I had classes like American History and Geography, American Literature and even American Culture (for all the "immigrants" in school, as part of a new integration thing. We learnt about American values and such). And in history, I was once sent out of class for saying Columbus wasn't the first to discover America, lol.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
And in history, I was once sent out of class for saying Columbus wasn't the first to discover America, lol.
Just confirms my thinking that teh Americans are fed on a diet of lies from teh beginning...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
42.86%
No - I got the required grades (3)
42.86%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads