Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the UK laws on owning a primate as a pet?

I dont want one!

But I know of a family that have some in cages in their garden, and they said that you dont need a license to own them, but I think that they may be wrong.

Anyway, I cant seem to find much about it online, and just wondered if anyone here knew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplecrayon)
    Does anyone know the UK laws on owning a primate as a pet?

I dont want one!

But I know of a family that have some in cages in their garden, and they said that you dont need a license to own them, but I think that they may be wrong.

Anyway, I cant seem to find much about it online, and just wondered if anyone here knew
    What's a primate

ReputationRep:
    any sort of monkey thing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    What's a primate
    YOU

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal to keep primates as pets in the UK. The only one I *think* you can keep is a marmoset monkey, but you need to get clearance and permission off loads of people.

ReputationRep:
    dunno about the laws but i think it depends on the situation. i used to know people who had monkeys in a cage in their garden which kind of went through a hoel into the house. but i think that that had something to do with a zoo... i can't remember :s:. i doubt it's legal.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh *is reminded of 28 days later**

ReputationRep:
    Contact the RSPCA or see their advice centre.

ReputationRep:
    * scans through Sky TV Guide looking for the relevant episode of Friends *

ReputationRep:
    Can you keep penguins? I want a penguin called Penguin.

ReputationRep:
    You defiantly need to have a licence to own primates-contact the police or RSPCA about the situation.

ReputationRep:
    outa interest: do you know what kinda primate it is?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.