The Student Room Logo

Oxford Law Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Applied to Queen's for Law. Also applied for (In order of preference) King's, Nottingham, Queen Mary (Law with Politics) and Newcastle.

Might still change Newcastle, not too sure. Had acknowledgement from Oxford and Nottingham so far!
Hey :smile:

I've applied for Law at Jesus. My other choices are LSE, UCL, Kings and Cardiff :smile: I've had acknowledgements from all apart from Kings. Sat my LNAT on 25th September and sent my application off on the 2nd October.

Good luck everyone with your applications :smile:
Reply 302
Original post by bareruin'dchoirs

I've applied for Law at Jesus. My other choices are LSE, UCL, Kings and Cardiff :smile: I've had acknowledgements from all apart from Kings. Sat my LNAT on 25th September and sent my application off on the 2nd October.

Good luck everyone with your applications :smile:

I side-stepped UCL and LSE, but I have chosen King's. Although, I would've chosen them had I been more confident about my LNAT.

Utter shambles. :frown:

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't cross-examine my bloody essay. I was so shook-up from the shocking display on the questions that it just wasn't flowing. Didn't help that the person next to me wouldn't stop coughing either.

How did you feel about it?
Reply 303
I have my LNAT tomorrow, i'm really nervous!! Any tips would be really helpful:smile:
Original post by tommy1311
I side-stepped UCL and LSE, but I have chosen King's. Although, I would've chosen them had I been more confident about my LNAT.

Utter shambles. :frown:

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't cross-examine my bloody essay. I was so shook-up from the shocking display on the questions that it just wasn't flowing. Didn't help that the person next to me wouldn't stop coughing either.

How did you feel about it?

aah I'm hoping they don't put too much emphasis on the essay as well!! Mine was a bit over long so the last minute was spend doing a desperate delete! I had a coughing guy for the start of the questions and then another guy came in and he kept on reading the driving test theory questions under his breath, which was though quite hilarious a little off putting as well! :smile:
Reply 305
Original post by bareruin'dchoirs
aah I'm hoping they don't put too much emphasis on the essay as well!! Mine was a bit over long so the last minute was spend doing a desperate delete! I had a coughing guy for the start of the questions and then another guy came in and he kept on reading the driving test theory questions under his breath, which was though quite hilarious a little off putting as well! :smile:

I think mine was just outside of the limit, which I imagine won't make a massive difference, although getting to the end and realising that I was a fair bit over was a bit scary!

You must have the patience of a saint. At one point I seriously considered the consequences of attacking this person. :mad:
Reply 306
Original post by BK01455
I have my LNAT tomorrow, i'm really nervous!! Any tips would be really helpful:smile:

Same here mate, pretty nervous now, you done much practice?
Original post by HD55

Tis the devil in itself! Good ****ing luck.
Reply 308
Original post by boygeorgeuh
Tis the devil in itself! Good ****ing luck.

Haha, I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't easy by any means...but the essay topics to me were quite fair and I'm still hopeful for 30/42 (around abouts) on the multiple choice.
Reply 309
Original post by HD55

We will be fine pal:smile: Yeah, pretty decent amount, plenty of MCQ's and a few essays so i'm sure it will be dine, how about yourself?
Best of luck to you guys doing your LNAT tomorrow!

It'll be fine I'm sure :smile:
Original post by Howellsy
Haha, I wouldn't go that far. It wasn't easy by any means...but the essay topics to me were quite fair and I'm still hopeful for 30/42 (around abouts) on the multiple choice.

I got 32 and 31 on the practice papers on the website so if I've replicated that in the real thing I'll be happy. To be fair, I thought the ones on the site were the devil in themselves too but I did well in them. Oh well, we'll see.

Yeah I thought the essay was good. At least it's out of the way. :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by Beckiii_x
I really didnt mind which college, as long as its an old one, so i just applied to the same one as my best friend :L
which college have you chosen?

Haha, fair enough - I much prefer the old ones too :smile: I've applied to Christ Church (and clearly that was one of my reasons too!) I just have my fingers crossed for an interview now!
Reply 313
Original post by HD55
Hey guys, fellow oxford 2011 applicant here 8)
Applying to queens anyone?

Hiii - this is a very late reply but yes I'm applying for law at Queen's college too!
Goodluck :smile: which other unis did you apply to?
Reply 314
Original post by anoif_
Haha, fair enough - I much prefer the old ones too :smile: I've applied to Christ Church (and clearly that was one of my reasons too!) I just have my fingers crossed for an interview now!

Competition eh? :eyeball:

No seriously, good luck :tongue:
Reply 315
Original post by Tericon
Competition eh? :eyeball:

No seriously, good luck :tongue:

Haha, luckily I'm applying for the LSE Course II so we don't have to be competition :p: (unless they interview me for straight Law instead - hell, if they interview me for anythig I'd be happy! - then there's no way I could talk to you again) :p:

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by teeoh11
Hiii - this is a very late reply but yes I'm applying for law at Queen's college too!
Goodluck :smile: which other unis did you apply to?

good to know someone else is actually applying to the same college XD
i've applied to LSE, Nottingham, Warwick and Leeds, and got a Leeds offer the other day :biggrin:
course if I got an Oxford offer I'd take it anyway but nice to know someone wants me haha.
How about you?
If anyone has any specific Oxford Law application questions feel free to message me and I'll do my best to answer! :smile:
Reply 318
Original post by Mann18
Ah, I had only looked at the larger college's numbers so that have been the origin of my incorrect assumption.

Thank you, I'm quite sure if I was to be accepted there, I'd love it, it does look very good from what I've read.

Where do you find these numbers?!
any idea how many Magdalen accepts for Law?
Reply 319
Original post by Beckiii_x
Where do you find these numbers?!
any idea how many Magdalen accepts for Law?

Last year at least, there was a table that showed how many places there were for Law by college.

I can't find it :/

But, I did find out that "Although Magdalen has received large numbers of law applications in recent years, their success rate in getting Oxford places has been at least as good as the University average. Significant numbers of those we have been unable to interview have been reallocated to other colleges for interview and accepted by other colleges."

http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/subjects/law

Quick Reply

Latest