Turn on thread page Beta

Uni and Relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    a) Don't make such silly generalisations.
    b) What's wrong with using brains??? At least it's better than thinking with something else when it comes to relationships. :rolleyes:
    a) Yes it's a generalisation. I didn't invent male/female psychological differences. A generalisation doesn't rule out exceptions. It's just a tendency. In the human brain, emotions and logical reasoning fight it out and interact. They don't tend to interact the same way in a woman and in a man.

b) Um, I don't know. Because when using brains, the reasons behind choosing a partner end up being money, car, social image, security....

Something else being...? You know, some of us guys actually have feelings :rolleyes: and not only down there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    i prefered close contact sex. :rolleyes:

at least if i don't get an orgasm...it's not my fault.
    Women can orgasm?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    We try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    tell me youre kidding??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirandab)
    tell me youre kidding??
    Why would he be kidding? :confused:
    It's not like girls actually like sex... only guys do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by av-2003)
    a) What does it take for a relationship to last thru Uni?
    b) Is it stupid to go into a relationship roughly a month b4 (hopefully) going off to uni if the neccesary characteristics for it (relationshoip) lasting arent present?
    a) A lot of time, money, long journeys and general effort, not to mention having to plan social engagements weeks in advance, just to make time for the other person, as well as bloody long phonecalls.

b) My girlfriend went to uni a month into our relationship, neither of us thought it would last, but it did, and here we are, a year on. I'd say it's worth it, if for nothing else, than just the experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Why would he be kidding? :confused:
    It's not like girls actually like sex... only guys do.
    i strongly disagree, im afraid!!!

ReputationRep:
    i strongly disagree, im afraid!!!
    really? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yup! i may be one of few females in the world...obviously its got alot to do with who youre with..

ReputationRep:
    You just don't have that, "thang"! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i agree...its never good to be in the majority anyway! long live minorities!

ReputationRep:
    a) Yes it's a generalisation. I didn't invent male/female psychological differences. A generalisation doesn't rule out exceptions. It's just a tendency. In the human brain, emotions and logical reasoning fight it out and interact. They don't tend to interact the same way in a woman and in a man.

b) Um, I don't know. Because when using brains, the reasons behind choosing a partner end up being money, car, social image, security....

Something else being...? You know, some of us guys actually have feelings :rolleyes: and not only down there...
    Well, the way you said it didn't seem to imply a psychological/scientific reason - it seemed like an empty moan ("Oh you women are always - ").

And as for b, first of all I doubt that thinking about a relationship necessarily takes into account partner's financial standings - quite the opposite, it will make you understand what is truly meaningful about the relationship.

When I said "something else", I didn't mean that this is what men do, I just said that using your brains can't be a bad thing given the alternative of just thinking sexually or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my gf have only been together for 3 months. Shes going to school in Ohio (USA) and I'm going to Glasgow. We've both agreed that we want to experience the full university experience, but at the same time we could not imagine being home for vacation and just being friends. So basically we're doing an open type thing. No one can really predict what happens. A lot of my past friends who have gone off to university have done these break things and they come back for holidays and just pick up right from where they left off with their gf's or bf's. I reccomend looking into it.

ReputationRep:
    yup! i may be one of few females in the world...obviously its got alot to do with who youre with..
    I think you might be missing the vast dollop of sarcasm attached to his post

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.