Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Does anybody know when freshers week starts for Sheffield Hallam ?
    I thought it was 26th September to 30th September and term begins on 3rd October.

I just thought that because why would you start term on the last week of September ? :confused:

Any help would be great, thanks !

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hallamunion.com/introweek/default.asp

There you go..

ReputationRep:
    Oh i see, so it's not just for one week then.

Thanks mate !

ReputationRep:
    It said on my letter that the uni doesn't have a seperate fresher's week....

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from Sheffield Hallam since i accepted their offer, hopefully they will get in touch after Thursday !

I don't even know what accommodation i've been given or when term starts.... :confused:

What course are you doing and when do you start ? x

ReputationRep:
    Neither have I, Eva - not a thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we should get something in the post soon. Alot of people have got their 'Welcome Packs' ... let me know when you receive anything and i'll do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! It seems I haven't heard anything for ages from them. Oh well. I'll keep you updated if one comes.

So what you studying then?

ReputationRep:
    I've just received mine this morning and i'm staying at Liberty Works...not impressed...really hoped for Exchange Works.

I'm studying Communication Studies...what are you studying ?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology.

I got mine just a moment ago - typical! I'm at Hilary house! I have no idea what that's likde - can I got have look at it? Has anyone else lived there?

ReputationRep:
    Down be too down hearted Eva! Liberty Works is still in a good location! Think they refurbed it a few years ago. Exchange works would have been good, but it can be noisy in there.

ReputationRep:
    I know, i kinda hoped for one of the modern accommodation buildings... I'm paying alot and i don't want to be living in a dump !

It's pretty close by to the train station and bus station so i suppose im lucky (ish) lol...

Did you stop there ? Apparently they're building a new area where everyone can hang out there...or something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've not stayed there, but i have been in both Leadmill Point and Archways, and will be again this year. From the outside Liberty looks ok from what i remember, its not a dump like some places. Usually though, if you've been in halls in the first year and you want to go back into them in the second year, you usually get your first choice then, i know i have and everyone else i know has as well as far as i can remember, even down to staying in the same room if you so wish!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know, i suppose i should just stop moaning...it looks old...lol.
    I would've been happy in Leadmill and Archways...they look nice !

In Liberty works...you have to share Kitchen/Dining...not fussed about but i really wanted a en suite...i'm being picky again.

What are you studying ? I'm studying Communication Studies.

When you move in, will you let me know if anybody wishes to live in Liberty Works...we could swap lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ensuite, ha ha! Lol, sorry. Its not too bad sharing a bathroom though, i did in the first year. It was a flat of 6 and we had 2 bathrooms, so we designated one for the girls, and one for the guys. Saying that though, after having ensuite i wouldn't go back! At least you know what ever mess you make is yours! I once had to clean the guys bathroom before an inspection, and it wasn't pretty! But not to put you off!!

As loads of students drop out early on in the year, the accomodation office gets flooded with ads for room vacances because people are leaving and/or dont like who/where they're living. so its worth popping in and putting up an add if you take the room, just fingers crossed someone would want yours!

You could risk it though and turn down the offedr and keep checking the accomodation office when you arrive? Only prob then is you would have nowhere to live for a while, but you would be pretty much guaranteed somewhere you really want then.

I'm studing International Business

ReputationRep:
    Rub it in...lol, i would've so much prefered En Suite, like you said, my mess is my mess...i'd have no probs cleaning that up. Well i hope there isn't going to be queues for the bathroom in the morning or people moaning.

I'm slowy coming round to the idea of living there with a glimmer of hope that there will be people who will want to swap in the early parts of the year.

I just can't believe how much it's all costing, i'll have to get a job just in order to feed myself !! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty)
    Psychology.

I got mine just a moment ago - typical! I'm at Hilary house! I have no idea what that's likde - can I got have look at it? Has anyone else lived there?
    OMG!!! that';s what i put down (tho no idea yet whether i'm there)

oh wow

yay someone off the board in the same house..maybe it won't be so bad!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Its hard to find a job though during freshers (only a few thousand people looking for a job then!) I was in sheffield a few weeks ago, and theres loads advertised now, now is the time to look if you do think you'll need one cos later its hard to find one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business Information Systems at Sheffield Hallam - haven't recieved anything from them as yet, but I have a place on the course

No idea where I'll end up accomodation wise, as it's my insurance choice. My friend lived in Archways last year, that seemed a great place to be.

-Sparcks

ReputationRep:
    Term starts 26th september and my enrolement is on 27th september, fresher's week is also that week.

Jobs..hmm... well now i have it confirmed i think i'll had up there next week job-hunting still gotta figure when i'm qutting my current job

wow i can't believe it.....as this is ace

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2005

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.