Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting until i have my timetable first because you won't know what hours or days you can do, although i might grab a few application forms first.

Anybody recommend any decent places to work in the City ? ...good pay.

ReputationRep:
    Try meadowhall, they advertise vacancies on line as well. Only 10 mins on the train. Pay may not be great, but depending where you work the staff discount could make up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm thinking about all the travelling expenses on getting up there, i think i'll try in City first and if all else fails im sure Meadowhall will have something for me...Pounland :rolleyes: lol

ReputationRep:
    i want bar work....but i a local pub i.e a quieter pub

ReputationRep:
    it used to be £1 return on the train to meadowhall with a rail card, its not much more without one.

Re quiet pubs, they are few and far between, and centrally you'd be hard pushed, us students seem to find ourselves in all of them, prob for the same reasons you want to work in one! Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I accedentally went to a freshers week event at hallam last year (to see a band called pink grease). Was fun, I got a free lighter That was in the old NMB, you get the NCP to play with now I think. I've never been in there... hmm...

ReputationRep:
    by the way, if you want a quietish pub, how about the fox + duck up in broomhill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaisersalsek)
    by the way, if you want a quietish pub, how about the fox + duck up in broomhill?
    cheers i'll lok into it.

might go for Blockbuster if i can get it

ReputationRep:
    According to the Hallam Union site, freshers week starts on the 22nd, according to everything else, uni starts on the 26th, so when is freshers week?

Is it a case of a pre-uni freshers week on the 22nd and then the main freshers week starting on the 26th? :confused:

I want to know when to actually get up to SHU, I don't want to be late on my first day!!! :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2005

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.