Turn on thread page Beta

Those annoying people who say GCSEs are easy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    OMG exms r not easr!!!!! gawd y dont dey all get a fukn life???????
    lol
    the worst is when people replace words like 'really' with 'reali'

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter if they've become easier or not. You still have to work bloody hard for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    But you just said they are... why can't people accept this? Exams. Are. Easier. Nowadays.
    This is what I meant:
    It doesn't matter if they've become easier or not. You still have to work bloody hard for them.

ReputationRep:
    i found them all really hard, except for science (which was easyer than i thought it would be), i find everything hard, its only the people who are getting A's and stuff that think they are getting easyer cos they are smart

ReputationRep:
    they are easy, not really that challenging everything is simplified. when i was doing them my brother had just done them the year before adn he was saying why are u revising and i would say they are reallly hard and he would be like they're not try doing alevel and then when i did alevel i saw he was telling the truth lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tax.man)
    This is what I meant:
    I'm not disagreeing with the fact that you have to work harder for them - but they are easier definitely easier than they used to be, that was all I was saying. And not necessarily directed against you. The way I see it, the fact that they are easier means you need to achieve higher grades.

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't describe GCSEs as difficult in a sense that the information is difficult to understand/get your head around. The concepts are quite easy but it just comes down to how easily you can store and remember hard facts. It's basically a memory test.

I haven't started my AS/A levels yet but I get the impression that the actual concepts themselves are harder...(as well as more info to remember, but that's obvious).

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are difficult:

They are not difficult because of the content however, only because of the volume. At GCSE, you learn s*** loads of stuff and you have to learn it and learn it and learn it again - just to cram it into your brain. That is why they pose a challenge. On the other extreme, A-levels are not huge masses of material, only a smaller amount, BUT - the content is much harder to understand.

So NO - GCSEs are not easy. Learning all that rubbish takes determination, skill, organisation and brains!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhineyjain)
    GCSEs are difficult:

They are not difficult because of the content however, only because of the volume. At GCSE, you learn s*** loads of stuff and you have to learn it and learn it and learn it again - just to cram it into your brain. That is why they pose a challenge. On the other extreme, A-levels are not huge masses of material, only a smaller amount, BUT - the content is much harder to understand.

So NO - GCSEs are not easy. Learning all that rubbish takes determination, skill, organisation and brains!
    For languages there's hardly any content, for English barely any as English Lit is almost always the same kind of things you look out for and English Lang you can't really revise for. History is slightly factual in that you need to know the major dates to understand the sources, but when writing your essay answers you need little to no actual contextual knowledge - the contextual knowledge usually gets you about 1-2 marks per question, so you just throw in any thing you can think off which is relevant. You don't even need dates to get A*. Sciences, maybe in terms of learning the syllabus, but that's all I needed, not my teacher's notes or anything. Things like Geography and Art seem to be harder to get A*s in, but apart from that there is hardly any 'volume' of work.

ReputationRep:
    I did 9 O' Levels (international) and one GCSE.. I don't know if it is the same for all subjects, but I found the O' Levels loads harder than GCSE. We had to use GCSE textbooks (cos there weren't any for O/L!) and we found that the syllabus content for O'Level was a lot bigger than the same subject at GCSE. Since O/L is what was done before the 1990s (or earlier?) I can see why some ppl say GCSEs are much easier. One annoying thing about GCSEs though is coursework, which we didn't have to do for O/L!

ReputationRep:
    yea. GCSE isn't easier, its different

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.