Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking at my provisional result statement for the AS results last year, it was printed on the 12th August. So working on the assumption that the A2's are printed first, the results would have been available perhaps a few days before. Perhaps the 9th or earlier, and sent electronically. Why would the examinations boards sit on the results when they could releive the pressure from the universities earlier. The universities are well aware of the results now. It hasnt been decided today - who works on a sunday, when the results have been known for days?

Plus the universities have to notify ucas of all the clearing places so that they can be advertised in the Independent on Thursday. This is a big process, and would take longer than four days!! -

Confirmation letters need to go out, so that they can concentrate on clearing places. So if you have a place it is already sorted. If you dont there's nothing you can do about it - yet!!

ReputationRep:
    I think the unis actually get their results today, despite it being a Sunday (well, yesterday if we're being pedantic).

ReputationRep:
    Patience is a virtue my dear.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, I did exactly the same thing earlier. Looked at when they were prnted last year and compared them to now.

Scary to think that our slips are printed and waiting to be delivered to schools.

I wanna know now!

ReputationRep:
    Just try and calm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I think the unis actually get their results today, despite it being a Sunday (well, yesterday if we're being pedantic).
    Why get it sunday? what was holding them up last week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Just try and calm...
    easy enough to say... :puke:

ReputationRep:
    aww you ickle peepsies and your results.

awwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkiwrensh)
    yeh, I did exactly the same thing earlier. Looked at when they were prnted last year and compared them to now.

Scary to think that our slips are printed and waiting to be delivered to schools.

I wanna know now!
    Yeh. Why in this wonderful age of technology are we all waiting to go to school to collect a bit of paper, that a dozen people have seen, and we havent.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I don't give a toss. We don't get them until Thursday and thats final, theres nothing that you, or anyone else can do about it, so forget about it.

I'd rather relax for my last few days of pure comfort. After this Thursday thats it; no more relaxing, so make the most of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    aww you ickle peepsies and your results.

awwww
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    hnmmm,they are sent earlier because the results are sent to other countries,so that all students who are doing A levels will recieve their results at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    hnmmm,they are sent earlier because the results are sent to other countries,so that all students who are doing A levels will recieve their results at the same time
    By snail mail rather than electronically?

ReputationRep:
    yes actually, by snail mail,

look at me, i'm in the middle east, and i MIGHT get the results on the 18th, but i might not, which is exactly what they said in the letter they sent about the results. So at least you people know EXACTLY when you're getting them, i could be screwed if the mail doesn't arrive, since i'm leaving the country on the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    We can check electronically though... if our school have got the password!!! But we also should receive the papers on the same day... last year Edexcel results arrived at my school in the Canary Islands around 12.30! and me waiting since 10 or 11! :P

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we have them now???? They've all been marked. I swear the examiners just like to torture us :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I worried after I finished the exam, then relaxed. But now they're oly a few days left, I'm getting woried again.

Its like waiting for a death sentence. Execution, or University :p:
    So personally, I'd rather we didn't have to wait so long

ReputationRep:
    It's well scary to think they know our results and we don't........ Do you think bribing them will work? LOL!

I'm scaaaaaaaaaaaaared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    It's well scary to think they know our results and we don't........ Do you think bribing them will work? LOL!

I'm scaaaaaaaaaaaaared
    Same here. All we can do is wait till Thursday and hope for the best. Good luck to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..... God I am so not gonna get any sleep from now till Thursday! Good luck! Lets hope this forum will be full of congratulations on Thursday! xxxx

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.