The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
so general studies is completely useless??? is A level Englush better?
Just about any subject is better than General Studies
Reply 22
greatpotter

I think it is. Since it's you have to take it according to your school, there's no choice. You can't prepare for the exam by the way.
greatpotter

General Studies isn't even accepted by the best universities, but if your school forces you to do it, there's not a lot you can do about it.
Reply 24
greatpotter

A-Level English is far better.
You don't need general studies lessons but if you centre enters you for the exams be sure you go to them; it's often a free A/B/C grade A-Level.
Reply 25
A good performance in General Studies may be taken into account if you get a high grade but don't meet your other entry requirements (that's according to Birmingham anyway).
Reply 26
so what does general studies teach??
Not much
Yeah, drop the Computing and take Biology instead. Computing isn't required for any university courses, unlike biology. (I'm a computer-freak and I decided not to take computing- I'm taking Maths, F Maths, Phys and Chem instead. :biggrin:
Reply 29
well.... i guess the 'general studies problem' is solved now...

what about computing?? how is it uselesss???
because it's computing - seriously drop it and do biology, v. v. good advice. Do any of the subjects you're applying for require computing? I can't imagine any subject requiring that except something computer-related..
Reply 31
yea... i guess you have a point there

Latest