Turn on thread page Beta

Oxbridge: Get in? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    well i thought id take his word for it as hes a student there
    tbh i was just correcting you. there were 27 mate. it was your sarky jibe in the first place. If you want to belittle somthing, firstly, do it properly, and secondly, be well aware that it's your problem, not mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    according to jools there were 11 for 9 places this year at peters. i should have applied for ppe there lol
    WHAT THE .... ?!!!!

26 for 5 at Corpus...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    WHAT THE .... ?!!!!

26 for 5 at Corpus...

Nah the comp was around the same at each college! They don't allow it to be otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Nah the comp was around the same at each college! They don't allow it to be otherwise!
    But isn't each college independent? I don't think it's the same.. like Women's colleges also have lower ratios. In Cambridge they have this chart of the ratios. Unfortunately, I chose a college with 'very high' next to it. DAMN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    But isn't each college independent? I don't think it's the same.. like Women's colleges also have lower ratios. In Cambridge they have this chart of the ratios. Unfortunately, I chose a college with 'very high' next to it. DAMN

At Oxford i think they try to make sure the application process is fair--ie. if there are more people applying at one college than another you get a SECOND interview at another college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    At Oxford i think they try to make sure the application process is fair--ie. if there are more people applying at one college than another you get a SECOND interview at another college.
    Oh that's so nice! Lucky people. Hehe but I would hate going for a 2nd interview. Scary

ReputationRep:
    are people just going to ignore the fact that more than 11 people applied to read ppe at st. peters? There were 27. not 11. I was one of the 27.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay)
    are people just going to ignore the fact that more than 11 people applied to read ppe at st. peters? There were 27. not 11. I was one of the 27.

Jayjay! I acknowledged the fact that his statement was unlikely to be true!! (edders statement)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, we got that! Just be happy that you earned a place when so many people didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Modern History at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smee)
    Got an offer for Modern History at Oxford
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Hey, we got that! Just be happy that you earned a place when so many people didn't.
    lol. my bad- counting 27 people i can do- reading on the other hand.. lol

ReputationRep:
    lol. my bad- counting 27 people i can do- reading on the other hand.. lol
    lol well done anyway ! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at st peters - they're supposed to be quite a lively bunch

ReputationRep:
    Modern History at Queen's (40 IB points)

ReputationRep:
    Dint get in

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad, you've got other offers, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Balliol to read PPE (AAA)

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for maths from Trin. AAB + 1,2 STEP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I got an offer for maths from Trin. AAB + 1,2 STEP

Is that Cambridge trinity ? Awesome man, Congratulationz! I was going to apply there before i changed my mind about doin maths
    Good luck with the steps !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaKewLesT)
    I got an offer from Balliol to read PPE (AAA)
    Congratulations

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.