GCSE Maths Edexcel Grade Boundary Predictions. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea it was 65% for an A*. But remember that wont happen again, this exam was easier.
leedsmedic_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
after study the boundaries for quite a number of years i can tell u that with a good coursework mark of about 40+/48 the edexcel grade boundaries will be about:

A*= 62%
A=44%
B=30%
C=14%

some of u maybe shocked at how low these r but i give u my word that this is reality. yes! all u need is 13-14% to get a c!!!!!

but quite rightly so teachers will never actually tell u these my teacher used to tell me if i wanted a* i wud have to 80%- she was lieing though!!!
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I think the boundries will be higher this year than last, the papers just weren't NEARLY as hard as the 2004 ones. The standard of coursework probably stays the same year after year, so you can probably guess the grade boundries by the level of the exam. I think it's a bit far to predict that they grades are going to be lower than last year (chance would be a fine thing!!!)
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Originally Posted by xx007
i heard the AQA maths exams were hard

Whoever told you that was correct, they were very majorly hard! My hardest exam, even.

The hardest of every GCSE exam was AQA Moduler Higher. My maths teacher said it was more like an A2 Further maths module than a GCSE. I honestly beleive the boundaries will be something like this:

A* = 40%
A = 30%
B = 20%
C = 5%
xlouisedoll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thinktank)
The hardest of every GCSE exam was AQA Moduler Higher. My maths teacher said it was more like an A2 Further maths module than a GCSE. I honestly beleive the boundaries will be something like this:

A* = 40%
A = 30%
B = 20%
C = 5%
Hmmm...thats weird, 'cause my friend took modular (I didn't) and she said she found it hard, but was no way in as much shock after taking the regular paper!
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have not seen the regular paper but the moduler was seriously impossible. I done know/havnt talked to anyone who did and found it anything but impossible.
jonathan213
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asjad_03)
after study the boundaries for quite a number of years i can tell u that with a good coursework mark of about 40+/48 the edexcel grade boundaries will be about:

A*= 62%
A=44%
B=30%
C=14%

some of u maybe shocked at how low these r but i give u my word that this is reality. yes! all u need is 13-14% to get a c!!!!!

but quite rightly so teachers will never actually tell u these my teacher used to tell me if i wanted a* i wud have to 80%- she was lieing though!!!

Where do you get your statistics sir?
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whats the point of filling the exam paper up of questions that won't extend your grade? I mean, as soon as you have 40% of it right, it doesn't make any difference if you get anymore if it correct as you've already hit the A*.

GCSE Maths needs urgent reform.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
John, why are you worried? You are going to get an A* anyway regardless.
courtyboy02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
How likely do u think it is that the boundary for an A (NOT AN A*) will be over 60%. I am really hoping the boundary for an A is 60%.
schizophrenic
Report 13 years ago
I think the boundary will be around the 60% barrier, but Im happy about that agreeing with everyone about the Edexcel higher maths was easy. I tried some of the AQA past papers as revision and they seemed more challenging. Are the grade boundaries near enough the same for each of the exam boards?
smudger99
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if i got 75% with edexcel higher tier exams does anyone have an idea what grade that would be equivalent 2?
*bobo*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
maths edexcel higher was incredibly easy. managed to finish both papers in 40 and 45 mins. none of the questions stumped me, so id say that the grade boundaries will be around:
85% A*
73% A
60% B
45% C
deutschsweetie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ohh dnt ur makin me feel bad...all this 73% for an A i reckon i only got 50 /50 on each exam plus 18%/20% cwrk (a*) which is 68% overal.. in that CASE 5 MARKS OF AN a if u r correct bobo.. plz dnt say its THAT HIGH! i was in set 1 for mathz.. onli just but i tried my best... my teacher sed u WILL GET AN A shes reli luvly.. n i thought the exam went fine.. based on i got 50% of it roughly! but obv not if ppl r saying they finished it all in 40 mins.. n r all gna get a*s ahh well my maths predicament continues until 11am thursday 25th august.. we shall see...

ahhhh i wnt b able 2 face her on results day now.. she was so determined for me 2 get an A n she helped me ldz.. if wat u sayin is correct 4 edexcel higher thn 70 + % being a an A .. il neva get it now and il only just scrape the B i need so bad 2 do chemistry next yr!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry, as long as you are not doing Further Maths, you don't require the A* and as long as you are not doing Single Maths, you don't require the A.

But, nevertheless, Im sure youll get it. Most people are feeling negative like that by now! Including me
courtyboy02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
If an A is 73% I will eat my hat! Last year for AQA it was 57%. Last year for Edexcel it was 45%, although it was very easy. When I came out of the exam, loads of my friends came out of the exam and they had made lots of mistakes on easy questions. Not everyone finishes in 40 minutes. Also, as a nation we are quite poor at maths, hence the boundaries won't be ridiculously high!

Also, today the Sunday Telegraph has revealed that the boundary for a B grade on the OCR board is 17%. PM me for the link!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads