Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking how does the college know our exam results and when can I expect to hear from the college if I have been given a place. Will it be on the 25 or a bit later. I know I will have to go to a enrolement but I don't no when I will be told if they accept me.

ReputationRep:
    You should've been given a verbal offer at the end of your interview with the college; where you discuss your prospective courses of interest and other things like why the college is for you. Several days later you get a written offer. This happens months before exam results are out. Once you have your results, you know whether you have met your offer or not. If not, you go in and if the college is helpful, they arrange a different study scheme for you. I would contact your college right away and ask them for any information, because it looks like you are running out of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    You should've been given a verbal offer at the end of your interview with the college; where you discuss your prospective courses of interest and other things like why the college is for you. Several days later you get a written offer. This happens months before exam results are out. Once you have your results, you know whether you have met your offer or not. If not, you go in and if the college is helpful, they arrange a different study scheme for you. I would contact your college right away and ask them for any information, because it looks like you are running out of time.
    Its OK. I had my interview and was offered a conditional place depending on results then I did receive a formal offer months ago. A month ago I recieved a letter saying they were over subcribed and had to return the letter to confirm i was still interested which i did. But what I want to no is will I have to contact the college when I get my results to tell them what I got or will they contact me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    Its OK. I had my interview and was offered a conditional place depending on results then I did receive a formal offer months ago. A month ago I recieved a letter saying they were over subcribed and had to return the letter to confirm i was still interested which i did. But what I want to no is will I have to contact the college when I get my results to tell them what I got or will they contact me?
    Have you been given an enrolement date? If you have, you will go into the college at that date, and you will discuss/confirm options now that you have your results. There is no need to contact them unless you miss your offer, I would thuink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Have you been given an enrolement date? If you have, you will go into the college at that date, and you will discuss/confirm options now that you have your results. There is no need to contact them unless you miss your offer, I would thuink.
    No I haven't been given the enrolement date yet but I would think they would send that out on results day or just after. I might phone them anyway to make sure I am up to date. Has anyonelse been told their enrolement dates?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have.

ReputationRep:
    i had my place confirmed at my college 2 months ago!!! :eek:
    ive got to go to enrolment the week after results to check the courses out & what i will need!!!

ReputationRep:
    yay - we have an integrated college into our school - sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate skool)
    No I haven't been given the enrolement date yet but I would think they would send that out on results day or just after. I might phone them anyway to make sure I am up to date. Has anyonelse been told their enrolement dates?
    Yep, 31st august, got it through the post a week ago. Got an offer months ago. I suggest you call your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    yay - we have an integrated college into our school - sixth form
    Its not quite the same thing though I don't think. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have enrolment a week after results day. I have a conditional offer, which was offered after my interview abck in february. Everyone gets an offer like this, then at enrolment you take your subject choices (printed from the college with grade requirements) to the enrolment session and urm...enrol.

ReputationRep:
    I enrol on the 2nd of September, yet I don't start until the 7th! What about everyone else? When are you all starting?

ReputationRep:
    I enrol on the 1st. Have an induction day on either the 5th, 6th or 7th of sept and then start on the 8th.

Only 3 1/2 weeks to go! eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelated)
    I enrol on the 2nd of September, yet I don't start until the 7th! What about everyone else? When are you all starting?
    I enrol on the 31st, have induction on the 9th, and don't start until the 12th, which is quite late.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.