Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I thought that was in New York?

I'm still Jenny from the block...
    The Bronx is in new york.....even i know that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of places in london must be pretty difficult to live in, cant imagine being happy on a council estate in peckham, for example. Hackney is another dump. Brixton too, Tottenham's not very nice either. Walthamstow's not as bad, but still cant wait to get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Manchester is a really nice place

This is where the richies live, Fabien Barthez owns the top penthouse
    Oh wow!!! Something tells me I'm not going to live there, but it is so nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Urm,

Do you live in Hull?
    I used to live in Hull but now live just outside. Despite this I still consider myself to be living in Hull (if that makes any sense).

I will be the first to admit that the place is great but the title of worst place to live in the UK is not deserving.

I can name three places off the top of my head that I think are worse:

Bury
    Widnes
    Wakefield

Oh, and I have lived in Redditch which is just south of Birmingham - terrible I tell you!

ReputationRep:
    The thing about Manchester its very mixed, you have posh areas with even small houses fecthing stupid money but in other parts houses cost like £30k.

Most of South Manchester is now very expensive. What I like is that Manchester is a big city but its not too big.

The city centre is just fab and its not finished yet.

The other thing is about Manchester (Greater Manchester) is is has lots of subtowns such as Wigan, Oldham, Stockport etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    Lots of places in london must be pretty difficult to live in, cant imagine being happy on a council estate in peckham, for example. Hackney is another dump. Brixton too, Tottenham's not very nice either. Walthamstow's not as bad, but still cant wait to get out.
    Yea, you definitely wouldn't want to live in Peckham, Brixton or Hackney if you have just got a new mobile phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    Tottenham's not very nice either.
    This is true, but it's home (for me anyway). Brixton seems worse.

ReputationRep:
    probly the worst places to live is somewhere like weston-super-mare or brighton or somewhere nasty like that. id also hate to live in london for the simple fact that there are too many other people livin in london.

ReputationRep:
    Its gotta be a toss up between chapel town in leeds and moss side in manchester. When man city used to play at maine road my auntie parked her car in a street in moss side (the ground is practically on the estates doorstep) and she had to pay 'protection' money to the residents, in other words, you dont pay, you pay for new tyres and windows instead, a threat which was carried out once before she learnt. As for chapel town, the less said the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Its gotta be a toss up between chapel town in leeds and moss side in manchester. When man city used to play at maine road my auntie parked her car in a street in moss side (the ground is practically on the estates doorstep) and she had to pay 'protection' money to the residents, in other words, you dont pay, you pay for new tyres and windows instead, a threat which was carried out once before she learnt. As for chapel town, the less said the better
    Moss Side is improving, Cheadle Hill is the new "no go" zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    probly the worst places to live is somewhere like weston-super-mare or brighton or somewhere nasty like that. id also hate to live in london for the simple fact that there are too many other people livin in london.

what's wrong with brighton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Moss Side is improving, Cheadle Hill is the new "no go" zone.
    Moss Side is nothing like as bad as its made out. I think most the people that **** Moss Side of have never visited it. The average house price in Moss Side for a terrace house is now £100,000 which is well above average for the North West. The Manchester average is £43k but in South Manchester the average is probably more like £150k-£200k.

A lot of the private estates in Moss Side are actually quite a good place to live as you are near the city centre and you can have an appartment for less than £100k which is impossible in most places in South Manchester.

There are still some rough and grim parts of Moss Side but its not the roughest part of Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    what's wrong with brighton?
    dunno......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Moss Side is nothing like as bad as its made out. I think most the people that **** Moss Side of have never visited it. The average house price in Moss Side for a terrace house is now £100,000 which is well above average for the North West. The Manchester average is £43k but in South Manchester the average is probably more like £150k-£200k.

A lot of the private estates in Moss Side are actually quite a good place to live as you are near the city centre and you can have an appartment for less than £100k which is impossible in most places in South Manchester.

There are still some rough and grim parts of Moss Side but its not the roughest part of Manchester.
    P.S Where is Cheadle Hill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    dunno......
    i like Brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    P.S Where is Cheadle Hill?
    There's a place called Cheadle just outside Manchester in Cheshire, but that's really posh, there's a John Lewis there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i like Brighton
    well i never been there. i just heard things about it and wudnt particularly like to live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    This is true, but it's home (for me anyway). Brixton seems worse.

Yes brixton is worse (I missed Tower Hamlets from the list, another **** hole from what someone who used to teach there told me), but whenever I am in Tottenham I cant help thinking how grubby it is. It's home? So what - ask yourself whether if you had a choice, you would choose Tottenham. Most people only live in these places because they cant afford anywhere better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    well i never been there. i just heard things about it and wudnt particularly like to live there.
    fair enough - what have you heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    There's a place called Cheadle just outside Manchester in Cheshire, but that's really posh, there's a John Lewis there.
    Yeah I know Cheadle I have even walked there a few times, but I have never heared of Cheadle Hill. Cheadle itself is still a posh area but places like Didsbury are catching up.

My aunty has a house in Cheadle lucky people.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.