This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
P.S Where is Cheadle Hill?
Cheadle hill is slightly North East of the City Centre.

It is predominantly an area of Muslim and Asian occupation and I believe it is where they picked up some potential terrorists some time back.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You mean Cheetham Hill?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The thing about Manchester its very mixed, you have posh areas with even small houses fecthing stupid money but in other parts houses cost like £30k.
Most of South Manchester is now very expensive. What I like is that Manchester is a big city but its not too big.
The city centre is just fab and its not finished yet.
The other thing is about Manchester (Greater Manchester) is is has lots of subtowns such as Wigan, Oldham, Stockport etc.
Its not true that most of South Manchester is now expensive- the ****holes (and there are plenty of em) are all cheap as chips, though an acquired taste, and some of them arent actually that rough and are usually well located. Northenden is one to watch out for- sandwiched between Britains largest council estate and the Withington/Didsbury area. Its a mixture of both, and you can get a fairly cheap house there. Even in places like Moss Side (which has actually got way better, especially since half the population has been moved out to Mersey Bank so the area can move upmarket) when expensive housing developments are given lots of publicity, the rest of the area is still usually pretty cheap. The really expensive places are the ones on the South Manchester/Cheshire front. All the United players live there!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Its not true that most of South Manchester is now expensive- the ****holes (and there are plenty of em) are all cheap as chips, though an acquired taste, and some of them arent actually that rough and are usually well located. Northenden is one to watch out for- sandwiched between Britains largest council estate and the Withington/Didsbury area. Its a mixture of both, and you can get a fairly cheap house there. Even in places like Moss Side (which has actually got way better, especially since half the population has been moved out to Mersey Bank so the area can move upmarket) when expensive housing developments are given lots of publicity, the rest of the area is still usually pretty cheap. The really expensive places are the ones on the South Manchester/Cheshire front. All the United players live there!
Britain's largest council estate?

Now that's something for the city to be proud of.

Is it full of **** like the council estates round here?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
There's a place called Cheadle just outside Manchester in Cheshire, but that's really posh, there's a John Lewis there.
I thought Cheadle was in Stockport and so in Greater Manchester? Its all very confusing, there are places in Greater Manchester that arent really Mancunian and yet there are people from just outside (usually Cheshire) who consider themselves to be Mancs. Complex complex.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
I thought Cheadle was in Stockport and so in Greater Manchester? Its all very confusing, there are places in Greater Manchester that arent really Mancunian and yet there are people from just outside (usually Cheshire) who consider themselves to be Mancs. Complex complex.
Let's just say: It's all Lancashire really
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Worst Place To Live In Britain:

Stonebridge Park Estate, Harlesden, London Nw10
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Check the south manchester reporter, you won't find any hose in the South West manchester area for less than £100k. Wyhtensure is quite cheap but then its a massive council estate.

I had a look at (rightmove.co.uk) and could not find a single house in Didsbury for less than £200k. The cheapest house I found in Chorlton was £120k and that is on a council estate.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the worst places ive been,

leicester
goole
doncaster
lewisham
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
It annoys me so if say I am sending somthing to Sale or Cheadle then I stick Greater Manchester on the post code and not Chreshire! It winds them right up!

Greater Manchester is SELNEC

South eat Lancashire, North East Cheshire.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
the worst places ive been,

leicester
goole
doncaster
lewisham
Doncaster don't get me started! Still its the only place you could buy Greggs sausage rolls for 30p!
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Doncaster don't get me started! Still its the only place you could buy Greggs sausage rolls for 30p!
cheadle is top and thats where im off now to get pissed come down
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nero076)
Lots of places in london must be pretty difficult to live in, cant imagine being happy on a council estate in peckham, for example. Hackney is another dump. Brixton too, Tottenham's not very nice either. Walthamstow's not as bad, but still cant wait to get out.
I live in Camberwell, which is in the middle of Brixton (to the West) and Peckham (to the East)... It's not bad, it's just not a good idea to go out alone at night, flashing your mobile phone etc... then you're just asking for trouble. I go to Peckham Multiplex cinema a lot (£2.99 for any film, any time) and I haven't had any problems yet. Fingers crossed, I won't ever. :/

I find the further out of central London you go, the more townies you get too...
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
What is people's views on Salford? I am considering go to Salford uni but I hear that the city is quite rough. Any comments from people who have lived there would be appreciated!
DONT BOTHER SIGN ON INSTEAD YOUR BE BETTER OFF
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They're £1.20 for 2 here! :eek:
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
I live in Camberwell, which is in the middle of Brixton (to the West) and Peckham (to the East)... It's not bad, it's just not a good idea to go out alone at night, flashing your mobile phone etc... then you're just asking for trouble. I go to Peckham Multiplex cinema a lot (£2.99 for any film, any time) and I haven't had any problems yet. Fingers crossed, I won't ever. :/

I find the further out of central London you go, the more townies you get too...
Wot is the deal with townies? Theyre all crooks ... with their stupid clothes and 'walking' style. Are they all just trying to copy black American rappers or sumthing? Do they actually think they look good? Sorry but Ive gotta let off steam they really piss me off swaggering around town like they own the place!
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Where's the worst place to live in Britain?
Hackney, London
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Where's the worst place to live in Britain?
Dumpsters.
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Urm,

Do you live in Hull?
i live in Hull sadly it smells its full of smack heads aswell i'd like to move but theres no place like home

avoid hull at all costs hahaha
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I used to live in Hull but now live just outside. Despite this I still consider myself to be living in Hull (if that makes any sense).

I will be the first to admit that the place is great but the title of worst place to live in the UK is not deserving.

I can name three places off the top of my head that I think are worse:

Bury
Widnes
Wakefield

Oh, and I have lived in Redditch which is just south of Birmingham - terrible I tell you!
I live near Redditch.. many roundabouts! And a huge Tesco.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (165)
70.82%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
12.02%

Watched Threads