Turn on thread page Beta

Worst place to live in Britain watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    no hull is getting better gradually least the estates are getting better even though in the last 12 months there has been many murders unless just cos its in the news more but its a scary thought i'm scared to walk at night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Worst Place To Live In Britain:

Stonebridge Park Estate, Harlesden, London Nw10
    Now that is true! It is officially the worst estate in London, even England (not 100% sure).

ReputationRep:
    i cant imagen London having a run down place cos come on its where the queen lives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnewThat!)
    Now that is true! It is officially the worst estate in London, even England (not 100% sure).
    Whats its postcode?

The second worse place in the UK is Benchill/Whythenshure which has a poverty index of 2. 8000 is richest place in the UK, 1 is the worst. The second worse place in Manchester is Besick/Clayton that comes in at number 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    i cant imagen London having a run down place cos come on its where the queen lives
    London is extremely run down, it's just that people don't see it because it does look kinda run down in the day from massive flat blocks holding thousands of people in just one. But later on at night there's prostitutes everywhere, pimps, thousands of hopped up junkies and tons of gangs. There's loadsa fights, shootings, and general havoc, but only those that live there really realise the full extent it does make you scared to walk at night, it all looks fine and dandu during day though except pick pockets. At least in a little town you may know people who can save your ass here it doesnt matter if their high and have a gun they're not really gonna think twice about shooting you.

However i also stayed in moss side for a while but it was years ago but when i went it was pretty run down and major gang fights and shootings, however it is now getting a lot of income and is managing to bring itself out of the hole it was in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissmequick)
    London is extremely run down, it's just that people don't see it because it does look kinda run down in the day from massive flat blocks holding thousands of people in just one. But later on at night there's prostitutes everywhere, pimps, thousands of hopped up junkies and tons of gangs. There's loadsa fights, shootings, and general havoc, but only those that live there really realise the full extent it does make you scared to walk at night, it all looks fine and dandu during day though except pick pockets. At least in a little town you may know people who can save your ass here it doesnt matter if their high and have a gun they're not really gonna think twice about shooting you.

However i also stayed in moss side for a while but it was years ago but when i went it was pretty run down and major gang fights and shootings, however it is now getting a lot of income and is managing to bring itself out of the hole it was in
    I get the bus through moss side nearly everyday and I never have any problems with scallies. If I ever go and visit my mate in Newton Health there are always little kids throwing stones at buses and opening the door while the bus it at lights. (this is Briscoe Lane).

The worst place I have been to in London is Lanbeth we got the nearest bus out of there and we ended up in Chelsea and it was the day of the marches so we ended up having to walk back to our hotel in Bayswater from Chelsea it was a hell of a long walk!

The only real bad part of Moss Side now is the Alaxander Estate which is still rough and has some gun problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Whats its postcode?

The second worse place in the UK is Benchill/Whythenshure which has a poverty index of 2. 8000 is richest place in the UK, 1 is the worst. The second worse place in Manchester is Besick/Clayton that comes in at number 17.
    How do you find this out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    How do you find this out?
    The 2001 Census

http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov....E=True&SE=True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    The 2001 Census

http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov....E=True&SE=True
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I live in Hull and i find it ok, the night life is great,i enjoying going to the clubs. i dont think hull deserves to get the wrost city in england to live,because i think london is a right dive and way over expensive..at least in hull its cheap living!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyblueeyes)
    I live in Hull and i find it ok, the night life is great,i enjoying going to the clubs. i dont think hull deserves to get the wrost city in england to live,because i think london is a right dive and way over expensive..at least in hull its cheap living!!
    yeah but come on it does smell abit

ReputationRep:
    you would know after your alley incident lol

ReputationRep:
    It does not, the only thing that smells in hull is the fish markets, besides if you dont like hull why are you still here??? huh!!!

ReputationRep:
    It does not, the only thing that smells in hull is the fish markets, besides if you dont like hull why are you still here??? huh!!!
    cos its cheap hahaha

and small and pathetic like me lol

so your telling me you dont walk down whitefriargate and smell the sewer its everywhere

ReputationRep:
    Hull is ok it is home and which city has a cheaper club than spiders in it??? It smells by the cocoa mills but other than that i think it is ok! which part of Hull are you from babyblueeyes?

ReputationRep:
    cos its cheap hahaha

and small and pathetic like me lol

so your telling me you dont walk down whitefriargate and smell the sewer its everywhere
    the memories perhaps, i think you find it hard to leave your home even if it wasn't all good there its hard to be removed from home!

ReputationRep:
    im from east hull, lived here all my life, ive never been to spiders but i dont think i'd like it cos its full of moshas with no purpose in life lol

ReputationRep:
    the memories perhaps, i think you find it hard to leave your home even if it wasn't all good there its hard to be removed from home!
    yeah the only place i'll leave it for is florida

ReputationRep:
    well its better than hanging around spiders where it smells of piss lol

ReputationRep:
    well its better than hanging around spiders where it smells of piss lol
    cheeky biatch spiders is better then your avrage LAs you townie mofo hahaha

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.