1200 Watt limit in hall rooms!!! Watch
if im not mistaken (and correct me if im wrong here).. a pc or laptop uses only a little more bit of electricity as your everyday long flourescent tube..
try buying a smaller hair dryer? i dont think the 1200 watt limit is such a big deal.. that is if my laptop, a few desk lamps, and a good stereo system can work for me im happy!
I'm wondering about the viability of my beautiful mini fridge though *sigh*
Some halls might have built in hair dyers like you get in hotels I am not sure though. As for ignoring thats not a wise idea, in theory there will be fuses/circuit breakers to stop this but if for some reason they fail it could cause a fire as the wiring probably can't take all that power.
I think the real reason behind this rule is cost though, its to stop being using expensive items such as electric fires.
I used a travel hairdryer, and didn't have problems with anything else
Technically mini fridges aren't allowed so you may have to hide it!
If you did blow the fuse in Rutland, the switch was in your room anyway, so wasn't a big deal to sort out
Rachel are you taking a stereo as well as a pc? I'm going to use my laptop for music and radio. xx
Ooo that sounds like aposh ipod thingy. I don't have for mine. xx
I wouldn't risk your Ben and Jerry's in the communal fridge... It won't be there when you get back!