Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Where are your figures from? and do you have them for other countrys?
    no i dont......its from a book i described in one of the above posts.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I've had disturbing experiences in my life, very disturbing experiences, but I'm not going to go out and rape and kill a small child. I don't give a **** what issues the ******* had he raped and then violently murdered a 3 yr old child. There is no excuse for that.
    Because you are a completely different person to him, also a different gender. What about a sticzofrenic, is he excusable?

ReputationRep:
    I've had disturbing experiences in my life, very disturbing experiences, but I'm not going to go out and rape and kill a small child. I don't give a **** what issues the ******* had he raped and then violently murdered a 3 yr old child. There is no excuse for that.

Not too mention he was mentally capable of acting perfectly sane for 3 yrs!
    exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Whats wrong with you people? Bung them in prision and let tehm get ass raped. That will teach them a good lesson...
    A whole new meaning to spending time in the hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    A whole new meaning to spending time in the hole.
    LOL i want you to change your sig, noone knows what yours is a parady of anymore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    no i dont......its from a book i described in one of the above posts.....
    Maybe the system to re hablitate is poor then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rIcHrD)
    That's a lifetime of torture, arguably more damaging than the crime you described.
    More damaging then the violent murder of a small child?

ReputationRep:
    It isn't about excuses. It's that certain classes of 'disturbing experiences' are associated with certain patterns of behaviour in later life. A way to help would be surely to try and get rid of these experiences so the future generations don't have to deal with its fallout.

ReputationRep:
    Not if the small child was the perpetraitor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    LOL i want you to change your sig, noone knows what yours is a parady of anymore!
    Don't do it or my opinion will be considerable less of you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Death or forever in soiltary confinement, I know which I would choose.

ReputationRep:
    was replying to curryADD who was talking about rape, not murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Death or forever in soiltary confinement, I know which I would choose.
    indeed - bring on the lethal injection anyday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Because you are a completely different person to him, also a different gender. What about a sticzofrenic, is he excusable?
    No! He is not excusable. I know someone that is skictzophrenic, it's not the same. This guy isn't if anything he is a phycopath pure and simple.

ReputationRep:
    No! He is not excusable. I know someone that is skictzophrenic, it's not the same. This guy isn't if anything he is a phycopath pure and simple.
    So you are claiming that there are NO mental illnesses that would result in a crime being commited by someone suffering with them (rape etc), hence they are never excusable?

Oh please, your more intelligent than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rIcHrD)
    was replying to curryADD who was talking about rape, not murder.
    Hmm, and noone else can respond?
    Let me rephrase the question...
    More damaging then the rape of a child? Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    So you are claiming that there are NO mental illnesses that would result in a crime being commited by someone suffering with them (rape etc), hence they are never excusable?

Are you saying that they cannot distinguish between right or wrong?

ReputationRep:
    A lifetime of torture? arguably.

ReputationRep:
    Such as the Ian Huntley trial? Have you heard of that? Or maybe the Moors murderers, have you heard of Fred(or Adam, cant remeber) West?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)

Thank you yes I am!

You have to judge each on an individual basis, severity of the crime and nature of said illness, to beable to come to a conclussion. Yes it is possible, but I think it is very rare, most use that as an excuse to get off.
    What really pisses me off is when they use they're own past experiences as an excuse, when it should have never gone that far to begin with, at some point you have to realise you have issues and seek help.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.