The Student Room Group

Alton Towers = Thirteen . .

Heylo all . . . :hello:

So I collected the free tickets in the sun a few weeks ago and got 2 free tickets to Alton Towers in May. Included with my free tickets was a leaflet about the new ride Thirteen! Now . . Im not usually a fan of these big scary rides - I go on them nevertheless, but I thought hmmm this new ride looks interesting. Having just been onto youtube expecting this almighty scary ride . . it actually looks rubbish tbh! :/

Here is a youtube clip . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDBf-VTGpRc

What do you think??? . . .
Reply 1
I"m not a fan of roller coasters at all, and this one looks crap tbh. OK so you have the bit just before the end ( wont spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen the clip in the OP) but it doesnt look that scary or exciting.
Looks rubbish, though Alton Towers is a general let down anyway. Thorpe Park has better versions of most of Alton's rides, except air and this new one.
Annie72
I"m not a fan of roller coasters at all, and this one looks crap tbh. OK so you have the bit just before the end ( wont spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen the clip in the OP) but it doesnt look that scary or exciting.

See the thing is, if you watch the clip the suprise is ruined really as you will expect it.
Annie72

The bit @ the end is the only ''good'' thing about it. Before I went on Oblivion many years ago I saw how that was and that still scared the crap outta me when I went on it. But this one looks so timid. :frown:
[QUOTE='rach [shikari]']Looks rubbish, though Alton Towers is a general let down anyway. Thorpe Park has better versions of most of Alton's rides, except air and this new one.

Been to Thorpe Park twice but that was when I was child and back then the rides were pants or I wasn't old enough/tall enough to go on them! lol But will have to go there again though . . now that I am tall/old enough :p: lol.
Reply 6
I'm disappointed, I was excited about going and visiting this new ride, now it doesn't look all that scary.
Reply 7
You know a rollercoaster is gonna be good when you've got the whole body restraints, like on Nemesis Inferno (Those type of restraints), lap bars generally mean they're going to be poo. Actually except x-no way out - that was the ********.

But yeah, that rollercoaster looks grade A poo - especially as you now know what the suprise is, for those who don't know it'd prolly freak them out.
~Viola~
I'm disappointed, I was excited about going and visiting this new ride, now it doesn't look all that scary.

You and me both! . . .I got the impression it was going to be amazing . . watched that clip = it's crap! :frown: Ah well . .
Reply 9
doesnt look that great looks bullocks really lol

I think Air is the best one so far, to bad its short though
Reply 10
I'm going to Alton Towers in the Easter holidays....was really looking forward to this but..wow, after all the fuss that was made it doesn't look like anything special.
I think you should probably put a warning on it that it will ruin the surprise.

Latest

Trending

Trending