The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
Yep. Ashburne's rooms are huge. Expect to be pretty content.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Ahhh I really want to live there, still need to apply for accommodation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many people are there to a bathroom in Ashburne??
Reply 4
It varies between 4 - 10. I could tell you exactly if I knew which wing were you were in.
Reply 5
ilkoni
It varies between 4 - 10. I could tell you exactly if I knew which wing were you were in.

Ooo could you? I'll be in Lees Wing next year, on the first floor.
Reply 6
hey

i've heard ashburne is one of the quieter halls, quiet peaceful for study (as the website says) etc etc...

what is ashburne like to social life/ party atmosphere etc?

Also, what's the food like?

Is it still majoritively girls?
Yeah its still majority girls, but to be honest, I quite like it...all the lads are great and get on really well. and I think the girls like being on single sex corridors..the idea of sharing bathrooms with them freaks us out!
the social life's pretty sweet, just because its in Fallowfield
it is definitely the best place to live...
and it is a bit quieter than the others, but it's nice to come back to and actually be able to SLEEP at night, and especially during the dreaded exam periods...
Foods pretty standard, not bad, and there's cheap takeaways just outside your door...
xx
Reply 8
Food for all catered halls (which is the majority of Manchester uni halls) is the same throughout the whole campus... must say though that the staff at Ashburne are really nice especially Julie and Mike the chef who give you extra if you want it and allow you to have the veggie option if you dont fancy the other food options
xxx
Reply 9
Also i hear that for this year the hall has invested money into sports teams... and by what ive heard so far theres quite a bit of interest... so there should be some cracking socials!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the teams you can join are, Rugby, Netball, Football and Mixed Hockey...so pretty good choice and a good chance to stay fit and battle off the takeaways xxx
Reply 10
anyone know what the social life/atmospheres like?

i'm torn between oak house, ashburne and owen's park and i'm wondering if ashburne is a bit too different, seeing as i quite like a busy party atmosphere?
If anything I preferred the social atmosphere in Ashburne anix. Since it's one big open building you end up getting to know everyone there as opposed to just the people in your flat. Also living in Ashburne doesn't stop you from heading over to OP or Oak House whenever you want to, it's 2 minutes walk away. Anyways if only for the rooms I reckon Ashburne should be your first choice because they are mint.

Latest

Trending

Trending