Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would get help again but to be honest I would just feel like i'd let everyone down, and plus i feel like i've heard all there is to be said to me from psychiatrists/psychologists/dieticians. ARGH I can't be arsed with it all anymore! I wish it would just go away.

ReputationRep:
    You are not getting help to please "the others" but because you think you can't cope. That is legitimate and it is your decision timewise.
    All addicted persons feel they have let "the others" (family etc.) down because they have again not managed to "be strong". You must make it clear to yourself and other people that this is about you. And how you feel affects other people...

ReputationRep:
    i cant get help cos ive spent the last 4 years denying having a problem even when my rents were positive i had and my sister was constantly on at me. ive just lied and lied and i dont want them to know how selfish ive bin. i really hope i can get thru this by myself i dont get why being normal is so difficult

To Habosh - i also have the thing about having to have 5 fruits a day.it makes me feel less unhealthy as though it counteracts any bad stuff i have.

I really hope this thread hasnt been a trigger for any1.really i just wanted to find others like me so i feel less abnormal. thanx twiggy your post was particularly helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't there any self-help groups (like AA for ED, I know they exist!) you could join?
    You ought to be nice to yourself!! :knuddel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelingo)
    i cant get help cos ive spent the last 4 years denying having a problem even when my rents were positive i had and my sister was constantly on at me. ive just lied and lied and i dont want them to know how selfish ive bin. i really hope i can get thru this by myself i dont get why being normal is so difficult

To Habosh - i also have the thing about having to have 5 fruits a day.it makes me feel less unhealthy as though it counteracts any bad stuff i have.

I really hope this thread hasnt been a trigger for any1.really i just wanted to find others like me so i feel less abnormal. thanx twiggy your post was particularly helpful.
    do you have anorexia bulimia or overeating thingie??
    I've ate 7 today:p: it's ok I guess came back from the gym starving :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    do you have anorexia bulimia or overeating thingie??
    I've ate 7 today:p: it's ok I guess came back from the gym starving :eek: :rolleyes:
    some of your posts are really triggering. I know there's a warning and people choose whether or not to enter threads, but dont you think justifying eating *fruit* by saying "you came back to the gym starving" is a little much? You know there are people who are active on this thread trying to get over eating disorders, infact the post starter is one, so dont you think it's a little tactless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    some of your posts are really triggering. I know there's a warning and people choose whether or not to enter threads, but dont you think justifying eating *fruit* by saying "you came back to the gym starving" is a little much? You know there are people who are active on this thread trying to get over eating disorders, infact the post starter is one, so dont you think it's a little tactless?
    for god's sake,I wasn't trying to trigger those with an eating disorder,I eat quite alot and often and healthy ,and I don't want people to become anorexi or bulimic or overeat,I'm sorry I didn't mention what I've ate after coming back from the gymI mean an EXTRA 2 FRUITS other than the 5 I allowed my self to eat today I ve eaten
    3 pieces of toast,greeen tea,3 pieces of white cheese
    so satisfied now??

ReputationRep:
    for god's sake,I wasn't trying to trigger those with an eating disorder,I eat quite alot and often and healthy ,and I don't want people to become anorexi or bulimic or overeat,I'm sorry I didn't mention what I've ate after coming back from the gymI mean an EXTRA 2 FRUITS other than the 5 I allowed my self to eat today I ve eaten
    so satisfied now??
    No, I didn't actually want to know that, but thanks for going into the ins and outs of your diet which you know yourself is minimal. You may not try to be triggering people, but you certainly are, so i'm just saying maybe be a bit more aware of what you're posting. I'm not looking to have a go at you or start a fight or anything.

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't actually want to know that, but thanks for going into the ins and outs of your diet which you know yourself is minimal. You may not try to be triggering people, but you certainly are, so i'm just saying maybe be a bit more aware of what you're posting. I'm not looking to have a go at you or start a fight or anything.
    well for me fruits are worse than toast and pasta,becuase I binge eating them and trying to get over it,anyway I don't wanna fight,but I didn't mean to hurt or be a cause in triggering an anorexic person i'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    well for me fruits are worse than toast and pasta,becuase I binge eating them and trying to get over it,anyway I don't wanna fight,but I didn't mean to hurt or be a cause in triggering an anorexic person i'm sorry
    Don't feel bad about it, it's easy to get carried away. I'm sorry about the fruit thing, I'm a binge eater at times too so if you need to talk you can PM me anytime. Maybe you're bingeing because you're not eating enough?

ReputationRep:
    do you think it's something that gets better with time or do you have to make a real effort at it? hopefully things should settle when i start back at school but then again it could be a trigger, which i really don't want as 6th year's going to be an important year for me, i had to drop out of 6th year last year because i was so ill and i'm not going to go through that again! I guess that thought will be able to keep me going, hopefully.
    I found that during this last year at college because I was so focused on doing well in my exams and (hopefully!) getting good a-levels I didn't think about calories etc as much. It became more of a 'background' thing.
    However since exams are over now, this last month i've found i've slipped back into counting calories and been more obsessed with food i eat I'm trying to stop. I think you have to just take everything a step at a time- Maybe try not to think about calories for one meal each day first, then move on to two meals, etc... easier said than done!
    I don't think it's something that goes away on its own....i know that for me if I get bored or have nothing else to do my mind always wanders back to what i've eaten etc...but that maybe just me! Its only this last month that ive got really fed up and want to change it coz it seems to have got worse again.
    I know how u feel... psychologists etc never seem to help me.

ReputationRep:
    I repeat: isn't there somewhere more private like a self-help group for you to go and talk. It is really very helpfull to be able to talk with people who have gone or are going through the same thing(s) as you.

ReputationRep:
    i no this is gonna sound corny but ive been there too!
    when i was a kid i was really thin a gymnast and a dancer....but wen i hit puberty i piled on puppy fat and i ended up weighing about 12 stone at the age of 12 and i was really unhappy becos i was still dancing but i "didnt look as nice as everyone else"
    i wasnt outwardly depressed but it just upset me wen i was shpping and id be buying size 16 clothes.
    wen i got into year 9 i started to skip meals and stuff or tell my mum id eaten a ham salad cob at school qwen really id just nibbled at the salad.....i dropped down to about 8 stone which is quite light for someone who is 5"8, although i wasnt weak or ill my friends sed i looked ill. i got the prom photos back from lasy yr and i saw that i did look thin and pale tht was the turnig point and since then ive been eating heathlily and im now a healthy 9 1/2 stone and a size 8-10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    i no this is gonna sound corny but ive been there too!
    when i was a kid i was really thin a gymnast and a dancer....but wen i hit puberty i piled on puppy fat and i ended up weighing about 12 stone at the age of 12 and i was really unhappy becos i was still dancing but i "didnt look as nice as everyone else"
    i wasnt outwardly depressed but it just upset me wen i was shpping and id be buying size 16 clothes.
    wen i got into year 9 i started to skip meals and stuff or tell my mum id eaten a ham salad cob at school qwen really id just nibbled at the salad.....i dropped down to about 8 stone which is quite light for someone who is 5"8, although i wasnt weak or ill my friends sed i looked ill. i got the prom photos back from lasy yr and i saw that i did look thin and pale tht was the turnig point and since then ive been eating heathlily and im now a healthy 9 1/2 stone and a size 8-10
    that is great,really congrats

ReputationRep:
    thanx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leisure17)
    I repeat: isn't there somewhere more private like a self-help group for you to go and talk. It is really very helpfull to be able to talk with people who have gone or are going through the same thing(s) as you.
    I've checked it out and the only ones I can find remotely near me are Overeaters Anonymous and a support group at the hospital where I was an inpatient, but i dont think i could go back and see all those old faces and have them know how crap I was doing. I guess I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment but it's mainly due to my own stubborness.

Well done to polythenepam btw xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch Sex and the City?

Carrie: Miranda dated an overeater and he overate her! :slaps knee:

LOL

ReputationRep:
    I've checked it out and the only ones I can find remotely near me are Overeaters Anonymous and a support group at the hospital where I was an inpatient, but i dont think i could go back and see all those old faces and have them know how crap I was doing. I guess I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment but it's mainly due to my own stubborness.

Well done to polythenepam btw xx

Jep!
    But OA is quite good, as far as I have heard, why not give it a try?

ReputationRep:
    so satisfied now??
    I think we've fairly well established by now that what you call a diet is not very healthy for you.

ReputationRep:
    It's been quite a pain in H&R with eating threads...because often most of them can be triggering.

As much as I want to read and see if I can be of any help...I'm kinda scared to be triggered myself.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.