Turn on thread page Beta

help! trainers situation watch

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound so weird but here goes. There is this guy who works in a really expensive clothes shop in town, well dressed etc but i noticed he always wore these really crap trainers. I won't say the make, but they are awful, cheap and yet somehow this guy got away with wearing them with £200 pound jeans and still looked cool. Anyway, I didn't really think much of it, until he showed up in my gym, wearing the same crap trainers for his workout. I was in disblief at this, surely he good get another pair of trainers. Anyway, this guy really annoyed me 'cos he'd lift huge weights and he'd always be talking about the girls he's been out with to other guys in the changing rooms. Anyway, last Monday he was working out at the gym and by the time I'd gotten changed and was ready to go, I'd noticed he'd just got into the shower. I noticed he'd left his trainers out, with his socks still in them. So, for a laugh I lifted them, pulled the socks out and put the socks back on the ground where the trainers were. I was just gonna hide them to begin with, but the changing rooms were practically empty to I snuck them into my bag. I have no idea what his reaction was when he found them missing with the socks sitting there, but I'd have loved to have seen it. God knows what he wore home.

Anyway, turns out he's only one size bigger in shoes than i am, so last thursday i decided to wear them out when doing some shopping. I was wearing these really flared trousers so no- one would notice anyway. I was walking past his shop and i noticed he was working so i couldn't resist going in. I walked in and he was like "alright man", he looked as smug as ever. Anyway, i caught a glimpse of his shoes and he was wearing these really crap trainers which must have been at least 10 years old. think they were reeboks. I think, although i could be wrong, that the gym lent them to him when he couldn't find his own and the gorm didnt bother giving them back. clearly this geezer has no self respect. Anyway, as I was leaving he hadnt noticed i was wearing his old shoes. i couldnt resist it so i ask if he knows any good shoe shops. he kinda looked at my shoes and it looked like he recognised them and I pulled the bottom of my trousers up a bit so he could see the rest of them. I said I'd found them last week, but they were crap and I wanted a decent pair. He gave me this filthy glare and started saying something but I was so close to the door I just marched out into the street. Luckily he didn't follow me.

Anyway, it was a great laugh but now I'm worried about going back to the gym. This guy is really built and i am really worried he will attack me and try to take his trainers back. Really need to go to the gym but am worried this thug will attack me. What should I do? Should I have a word with the gym staff?

ReputationRep:
    ??? Why on earth would you wanna wear some manky old trainers even to pee off some guy? I say give the poor guy his trainers back .....leave them in the gym with a little note saying "We been on a little holiday but were back now!" ...its sound like he,s got his own fashion thing going on there ...flash with trash maybe lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racht70)
    ??? Why on earth would you wanna wear some manky old trainers even to pee off some guy? I say give the poor guy his trainers back ...its sound like he,s got his own fashion thing going on there ...flash with trash maybe lol
    I wore socks with them and it was a laugh. That thug is not getting these trainers back. Hopefully he'll have learnt not to leave his gear sitting around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsforesth05)
    I wore socks with them and it was a laugh. That thug is not getting these trainers back. Hopefully he'll have learnt not to leave his gear sitting around.
    Ohhhh thats ok then if you wore socks!! nah really if hes a thug good on ya mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racht70)
    Ohhhh thats ok then if you wore socks!! nah really if hes a thug good on ya mate
    You should have seen the way he glared at me. He definitely overreacted. So yeah he's a thug.

ReputationRep:
    Give them back?
    Dude, are you for real?
    I hope he flattens you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    Give them back?
    Dude, are you for real?
    Why should I give them back? I don't deserve to be attacked over this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    Give them back?
    Dude, are you for real?
    I hope he flattens you
    I've done nothing wrong, you should see the way this guy gets on. He deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he flattens you, too. You *stole* his trainers... you're more of a thug than he is.

Maybe he *liked* those trainers, maybe they had sentimental value or something! You don't just steal something to annoy him. He has every right to be angry... even I'm angry. If someone stole my shoes, I'd thwack them one.

Edit: though you've got balls to go and flash them in his face, I'll give you that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I hope he flattens you, too. You *stole* his trainers... you're more of a thug than he is.

Maybe he *liked* those trainers, maybe they had sentimental value or something! You don't just steal something to annoy him. He has every right to be angry... even I'm angry. If someone stole my shoes, I'd thwack them one.

Edit: though you've got balls to go and flash them in his face, I'll give you that. :rolleyes:
    I doubt they had sentimental value 'cos they werent old, just really crap and quite worn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)

And I didn't steal them. I am not a thief.

ReputationRep:
    You are exacly that, they were his property. You seem like a rite W----er. Some old shoes are fashinoable they might have been vintage. If he wears £200 jeans there must have been some reason he was wearing them. So let me get this right, you stole his shoes, then wore them and showed them to him for the fun of it, he "glared" at you and you decide his a thug and thats an over reaction? He might not have had any shoes to get home from the gym in.

I believe you are just jelous as he 'lifts big weights and talks about girls he hasa been with'. He is harldy going to lift small weights if he can lift bigger ones is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdre86)
    You are exacly that, they were his property. You seem like a rite W----er. Some old shoes are fashinoable they might have been vintage. If he wears £200 jeans there must have been some reason he was wearing them. So let me get this right, you stole his shoes, then wore them and showed them to him for the fun of it, he "glared" at you and you decide his a thug and thats an over reaction? He might not have had any shoes to get home from the gym in.

I believe you are just jelous as he 'lifts big weights and talks about girls he hasa been with'. He is harldy going to lift small weights if he can lift bigger ones is he?
    Nah, his trainers aren't vintage. You are being unfair man, I helped you find new shoes and now you're acting like this.

ReputationRep:
    WTF???

Of course you stole them, you IDIOT! You took them, without his permission, and you don't intend to give them back to him. That's stealing, dumbass.

And having a word with the gym staff? Sorry, what are you planning to say? "I stole his trainers, please ban him so he can't get me!"

If anything, HE's the one who should be talking to the gym staff. You took his shoes. There's no two ways about it. It doesn't matter if you think they are crap, or if he left them lying around. They don't belong to you.

So, to summarise:

You stole his shoes, for a joke.
    You went to show him you'd got his shoes, just to annoy him.
    You're not going to give them back.

Bloody hell, you're the thug, not him. And if you were scared of him, would you really have stolen his shoes and then gone and shown him?? Give me a break. You committed a criminal offence and I hope he gets you for it.

ReputationRep:
    And what is this doing in fashion and beauty? Freak.

ReputationRep:
    Where would you like it baby?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, was that supposed to be an intelligent response? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound so weird but here goes. There is this guy who works in a really expensive clothes shop in town, well dressed etc but i noticed he always wore these really crap trainers. I won't say the make, but they are awful, cheap and yet somehow this guy got away with wearing them with £200 pound jeans and still looked cool. Anyway, I didn't really think much of it, until he showed up in my gym, wearing the same crap trainers for his workout. I was in disblief at this, surely he good get another pair of trainers. Anyway, this guy really annoyed me 'cos he'd lift huge weights and he'd always be talking about the girls he's been out with to other guys in the changing rooms. Anyway, last Monday he was working out at the gym and by the time I'd gotten changed and was ready to go, I'd noticed he'd just got into the shower. I noticed he'd left his trainers out, with his socks still in them. So, for a laugh I lifted them, pulled the socks out and put the socks back on the ground where the trainers were. I was just gonna hide them to begin with, but the changing rooms were practically empty to I snuck them into my bag. I have no idea what his reaction was when he found them missing with the socks sitting there, but I'd have loved to have seen it. God knows what he wore home.

Anyway, turns out he's only one size bigger in shoes than i am, so last thursday i decided to wear them out when doing some shopping. I was wearing these really flared trousers so no- one would notice anyway. I was walking past his shop and i noticed he was working so i couldn't resist going in. I walked in and he was like "alright man", he looked as smug as ever. Anyway, i caught a glimpse of his shoes and he was wearing these really crap trainers which must have been at least 10 years old. think they were reeboks. I think, although i could be wrong, that the gym lent them to him when he couldn't find his own and the gorm didnt bother giving them back. clearly this geezer has no self respect. Anyway, as I was leaving he hadnt noticed i was wearing his old shoes. i couldnt resist it so i ask if he knows any good shoe shops. he kinda looked at my shoes and it looked like he recognised them and I pulled the bottom of my trousers up a bit so he could see the rest of them. I said I'd found them last week, but they were crap and I wanted a decent pair. He gave me this filthy glare and started saying something but I was so close to the door I just marched out into the street. Luckily he didn't follow me.

Anyway, it was a great laugh but now I'm worried about going back to the gym. This guy is really built and i am really worried he will attack me and try to take his trainers back. Really need to go to the gym but am worried this thug will attack me. What should I do? Should I have a word with the gym staff?
    Although funny, flashing them in his face winding him up, if i was him id prolly break your nose and he prolly willl LOL, if your gonna play wiht fire adn all that.

As funny as you foun it i wonder how funny it will be when your on the floor picking up the pieces of your nose. In short id join a new gym to be on the safe side if your so worried about him attacking you.

ReputationRep:
    It's a thread about trainers, albeit in this case a truly terrible pair. In fairness it was a pretty lousy response.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: oh i must have a dirty mind

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.