Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so what is everyone taking next year when entering college/6th form??
    (i know there is already a thread (or 2) on this but this is a poll!!)

i wanted to see what is popular and what is not!

ReputationRep:
    forgot to add that im sorry if i havent mentioned your course! i would add it but i aint aloud any more options

ReputationRep:
    Does the maths option include further maths as well as a single AS in maths?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you bother to put 'welsh' and 'other language not listed' yet not bother with further maths and made ict and computing the same thing when clearing they aren't :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Why did you bother to put 'welsh' and 'other language not listed' yet not bother with further maths and made ict and computing the same thing when clearing they aren't :rolleyes:
    ok then whats the difference between maths and further maths?? theyre both maths arent they?

and whats so different between computing and ICT, they both use computers?

i put welsh because i am welsh!! and some people may be taking it

i put other languages because some people may do russian, italian, greek, japanese... the list is endless

have any more funny comments to make??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kicky)
    Does the maths option include further maths as well as a single AS in maths?
    yes as its still maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    ok then whats the difference between maths and further maths?? theyre both maths arent they?

i put other languages because some people may do russian, italian, greek, japanese... the list is endless

Further Maths is more advanced, as the name suggests. :p: Also Computing involves more Maths and is focused more around the science of computers, whereas ICT is the application and use of computers. Nice poll though!

ReputationRep:
    Nice poll though!
    THNX!

(Original post by Pixelated)
    Further Maths is more advanced, as the name suggests. :p: Also Computing involves more Maths and is focused more around the science of computers, whereas ICT is the application and use of computers.
    and thnx for the information, its as i thought but their not too different and i dont want to go into loads of detail with it

ReputationRep:

its as i thought but their not too different
    Further maths is more advanced and is another A-Level entirely that assumes knowledge of standard Maths before you can even start. Every module is different
    It's impossible to do only further maths, so anybody who is taking further maths has also done maths; i.e: they have two A-Levels in the subject. Your poll can't show this as each person can only vote for item once. Hence further maths can't be included in maths.

They are very very different. Computing is quite respectable and deals with the use of more advanced software and programming while ICT is more vocational and requires people to use basic things such as Microsoft Office.

By your earlier argument; they are all languages aren't they?

None of my comments were particularly amusing but if I managed to make you smile then so much the better

ReputationRep:
    Is Art that unpopular? Because i find not a lot of people taking it for AS /A level.

ReputationRep:
    When can we see the results?! It's a bit pointless if we can't see them!

ReputationRep:
    Erm, you don't have Textiles listed. So I missed out on that choice. Not that I really expected you to have it, since it's a pretty rare A-Level.

Why can't we see the results, by the way?

ReputationRep:
    cant you see the results?? :confused:
    i no, how do i get them to show??

ReputationRep:
    i voted even though i've kind of finished my as-levels. and my a2-levels actually. why don't you have art on there? i am shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    i voted even though i've kind of finished my as-levels. and my a2-levels actually. why don't you have art on there? i am shocked.

whoops! sorry!! i couldnt fit any more on any way!!!

ReputationRep:
    General Studies isn't in the list. lol

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.